Why become a member? ×

Bass widows

Girlarms

19 minutes ago, cetera said:

No, but some of us have such massive bass collections that it will make her feel much better about your basses (presuming your collection is modest) ;)

Ha ha...she's less bothered by the size...more bothered by time spent...lol 🤭

10 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

They talk about us on mumsnet too..not that I go on there , of course 😁

Open yourself up to your feminine side and join in the chats about cross-dressing husbands and pregnancy diets 😁😉. I've been on there to moan about snarky teens and got comfort knowing others have been going through the same shyte

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cetera said:

No, but some of us have such massive bass collections that it will make her feel much better about your basses (presuming your collection is modest) ;)

My mrs thinks my 3 basses, 3 guitars and drum kit is a lot. I invited her to look at pics of some BCers bass-only collections that run into multiple tens to see what 'a lot' actually looks like!😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

You could suggest she picks up one of your basses and learns to play too... :)

I've tried that...suggested bass...guitar..drums..just to give me someone to play with...all rejected lol 😄

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Girlarms said:

Hi all...only arrived on planet Basschat last night. My mrs would like to know if there is a section here for bass widows...lol 🤣

Why is she interested? Hasn't she got any Ironing to do? 

(I'm an old Technophobe - No idea how to insert an amusing Emoji here - Sorry)

Edited by BigAlonBass

Just now, Reggaebass said:

I was only joking, out of interest why is cycling forbidden 🙂

Because cycling is quite a popular hobby at the moment and - from what I can gather from the widows of Mumsnet - takes the male out of the house for very long periods during his downtime from paid employment. Which is not very compatible with the Mumsnet demographic of mothers with young children who require the help of their partner for whatever time he is not out at work. There is commonly a large disparity in how much 'off time' from house/children/family responsibilities the father has in comparison to how much the mother has. Hence all the widows threads ...

Phew. I think I managed to answer your question diplomatically ...? 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Reggaebass said:

😂, thank you MHM, a bit like golf then 

Oh god yes 😂

Demographically (and physically too, I suppose) golf is a more older gents hobby than cycling. So perhaps the ladies on Gransnet meet there to discuss their husbands in much the same manner 🤣

• Haha 6

Back in the earlier days of Bass chat there were actually a couple of wives/partners who joined Bass chat themselves. They used to mainly lark about in Off Topic. 

Mrs Tinman leaps to mind, but I know there was at least one other. 

Maybe you could get your wife to sign up. I could do with some female company in the Den of Iniquity thread 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1