Why become a member? ×

Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp & Guy Pratt

On 11/05/2021 at 20:27, nilebodgers said:

The series has been great. The only one I skipped was Suzi Quatro, she was copping a strop about them not playing her xmas single and I gave up on it. It might have got better, but not much of a sense of humour was being exhibited.

Been following the podcast since episode one and I've listened to all of them save for that one. Seemed to have no sense of humour and even less a sense of humility. Lasted 15 minutes before I bailed. 

1 hour ago, tonyf said:

Been following the podcast since episode one and I've listened to all of them save for that one. Seemed to have no sense of humour and even less a sense of humility. Lasted 15 minutes before I bailed. 

I'm working through them in order so I've got a couple more to do (Billy Idol and Peter Frampton) before I get to our Suze.  I'm looking forward to it! :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bass Culture said:

Listened to the SQ one yesterday.  She's certainly a bit more earnest than most of the others! 

I might pass on that one then, it’s not really the point of them is it?

On 11/05/2021 at 15:54, Doctor J said:

The Bob Geldof interview was fantastic. I listened to it a couple of times. It's a great podcast.

+1

That was such a great listen - Geldof is one of those rare individuals who draws you in as a storyteller, but when he's finished speaking you realise he's really a great teacher... 

Thanks to the OP for this thread, I'm really looking forward to listening to more of these podcasts! 👍

Edited by silverfoxnik
  • Like 3

Should finish Boy George (as 'twere) on my walk home from work this afternoon.  He's been very good value too - sort of made me vicariously nostalgic for a culture and music that I wasn't actually into that much at the time!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

New one this week is with Noel Gallagher, one I wasn't too sure about as whilst I like some of Noels music I've always struggled with the 'Gallaghers' persona,  but it was a very good listen again, a bit/lot more swearing on this one😂 

On 14/05/2021 at 12:34, cetera said:

Hmm.... which one next?!

Bernie and Manzanera were both really interesting. Sharlene Spiteri was fun, and very poignant when she was talking about Ally McErlaine’s horrendous brain aneurysm and the aftermath on him and the band.