Why become a member? ×

Are we supposed to find pedals attractive?

Owen

Proof that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The matt black finish is nice, but someone has scratched an offensive word in it.

Also no legends for the controls, and this pedal goes one further in the inconveniently placed control/socket stakes by having the footswitch mounted sideways and not even connected to the circuit.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

It's Welsh for 'Hairy'! 😄

Technically it's less offensive than 'Big Muff'. 😉

Another BRX rule for boutique pedals is that the name must either be offensive or a sex joke that only a 14-year old boy would find funny.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

I can't see that Octave control knob lasting an entire gig ...

It’s too nice to step on so I employ a small boy offstage to activate and adjust. It’s made in Italy so you need to be super careful!

• Haha 1

Just now, Jus Lukin said:

Yes, the pedal world is a strange one- there's a lot of variety in style, but the tendency towards gaudy, purile, and just plain weird aesthetics is quite conspicuous! I suppose that if one takes Boss' Crayola colour scheme, the first Muff fuzz, and the MoogerFoogers and extrapolate from there, there's a certain sense to it.

I'm hoping to have a custom pedal made at some point, but I'm probably going for a plain aluminium box and no name at all. I'd actually like the controls marked with those old embossed label-maker strips!

It’s like when bass gear always had to include the letter X to make it sound super powerful. My (lovely sounding) Laney bass combo was 60w, called the Hardcore Max! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Reggaebass said:

Thanks ped , it just looks so cool 

It’s what drew me to it originally I’ll admit - but then I heard the samples and loved it. With three effects and the way they interact it has tons of sounds in it, some very subtle and some filthy. Most are usable. 

• Thanks 1

One of things that has always struck me as being weird when it comes to pedals is that the signal flow between pedals goes from right to left whereas the signal flow for the controls on the pedal themselves goes from left to right.

Why is that?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

One of things that has always struck me as being weird when it comes to pedals is that the signal flow between pedals goes from right to left whereas the signal flow for the controls on the pedal themselves goes from left to right.

Why is that?

Normally players are right handed so the cable emerges on your right, into the right of the pedal in front of you without getting in the way. Some early EBS pedals went the other way but it caused a civil war in Sweden 

• Haha 1

To be fair, I will give you the blurb for the pedal.

In the final stages of planning Blewog 😂. A fuzzy muff (😉), the circuit is a faithful recreation of the Pete Cornish G2, famously used by David Gilmour and many others.
These will be premium builds. Gorva Designs’ gorgeous S90 enclosure, Gorva Designs soft click Mechano foot switch, genuine Russian D9E Germanium and Rectron Schottky diodes, Yageo resistors, Wima, Kemet, Vishay, Nichicon and Panasonic capacitors, Alpha pots and Neutrik or Switchcraft sockets.
The only deviation from the original circuit is the addition of an internal switch to select between the Cornish buffered bypass or true bypass.
All the decals will be hand formed from copper wire.
The photo is only a mock-up, so the final design may change.

https://www.facebook.com/stomps.ynys.mon/photos/a.122290336269845/278221294010081/