Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Emma Electronic Okto Nøjs (Nojs) octaver and gated octave fuzz
£120
Sheffield

Quatschmacher

I’m thinking of letting this trusty piece of gear go. This does great octave and fuzz sounds for synth-type stuff. There are actually four sound sources: dry, octave down, fuzz octave down and Octavia-style gated fuzz. The two fuzzes are on the right channel, the octave is parallel on the left channel. The dry is applied to both channels.

In excellent condition, only played at home.

No original box, I’m afraid but it will be well packed in a sturdy replacement box.

@lee650 will probably curse me now. 

AB998034-9EB2-47C9-9303-B1DF10F20022.jpeg

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 2

Here’s the octave down signal in various positions of its tone knob:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19MrC_dXLWOqQ4-SvB28naEi1XN-UHtnT/view?usp=drivesdk

Here’s octave down with the octave fuzz through a 3Leaf Chromatron filter:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1G2cfFJRPGERFDJApClqAmblohX3ac7aN/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Quatschmacher

39 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

Is the octave always parallel to the fuzz, or can they be routed in series? The marketing talk makes it sound like octave down fuzz is totally doable, rather than fizz alongside an octave down.

Thanks

In my first post I tried to explain the 4 signals.

1. Dry (top white knob); applied equally to the Okto (left) and the Nøjs (right) side, hence engaged with either footswitch.

2. Okto: standard synthy octave down. It has its own volume control and a tone knob (static low pass filter) (bottom two white knobs). Engaged with left footswitch.

3. Octavia style gated fuzz: This is the spitty synthy at-pitch fuzz which produces an octave up when playing high up the neck. Has a gain, tone and level control (top three black knobs). Engaged with right footswitch.

4. Octave-down fuzz: this is basically like feeding the octaver into a fuzz in series. Has a level and tone control (lower two black knobs). Engaged with the right footswitch. 

The left and right side run in parallel.

So you get series and parallel signals together. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

In my first post I tried to explain the 4 signals.

1. Dry (top white knob); applied equally to the Okto (left) and the Nøjs (right) side, hence engaged with either footswitch.

2. Okto: standard synthy octave down. It has its own volume control and a tone knob (static low pass filter) (bottom two white knobs). Engaged with left footswitch.

3. Octavia style gated fuzz: This is the spitty synthy at-pitch fuzz which produces an octave up when playing high up the neck. Has a gain, tone and level control (top three black knobs). Engaged with right footswitch.

4. Octave-down fuzz: this is basically like feeding the octaver into a fuzz in series. Has a level and tone control (lower two black knobs). Engaged with the right footswitch. 

The left and right side run in parallel.

So you get series and parallel signals together. 

Thanks for taking the time to clarify that - doing so has earned you a sale! Drop me a PM and we can sort out payment details :)

• Like 2

• Kev locked this topic