Why become a member? ×

Circling back to bass after too long, feels like home!

Schultzee

Hi everyone, my name is David and I live in Shropshire.  Started out with a red Squire P bass back in the early 90s as a teenager and gave up much too soon (I blame the release of the Sony Playstation!), I have spent the last decade and a half on and off noodling away as a bedroom 6 string guitarist, had a fantastic Gordon Smith Graduate 60 from Birmingham Music Exchange which I still kick myself for selling, I guess we all have one instrument in particular we wished we had kept!  My bass interest picked up again when I got a hit of nostalgia from catching some Glastonbury on the tv some time back.  Since then I have been listening to the Cure and loads of other 90s bands.

I picked up a second hand Peavey Millennium last year but never really bonded with it, really lovely neck and looked pretty cool but I found it unwieldy after years of Strats and the like, also realised active basses are not for me, I like simple things and it was a bit of a faff.  After researching a bit I took a punt on an Ibanez Mikro and I am more than happy with it.  I can see myself getting rid of my Strat and picking up another short scale to go with the Mikro then I`m set.

I am looking forward to learning some good stuff on this forum and also contributing something of value along the way!  

• Like 1