Why become a member? ×

G&L M-2000 Tribute GTS TB - *SOLD*
£450
Burntisland, Fife / Edinburgh

Don't really want to sell this but I've finally accepted that when I think "bass" I think "passive Fender" and I can't justify keeping this one, as good as it is. Bought brand new by me circa 2014. I believe that the Tribute M-2000 has been discontinued by G&L and from what I can see this finish was one of the harder to find ones.  £350 seems a sensible starting point given the cost when new, as well as the silly priced ones I've seen elsewhere. 

G&L M-2000 Tribute GTS TB - bit of a mouthfull, but essentially its a Tribute M-2000, in a lovely translucent black finish (a nightmare to photograph ), with top-binding as well as a lovely carved/shaped top a bit like you get on Fender aerodyne models. Black headstock. 

The electronics are seriously powerful - an active preamp (unlike the L2000 there is no passive mode), with volume, pan, and 3-band boost/cut EQ with centre detents. Two humbucking MFD pickups. There's a lot of sounds in here but the controls are very simple to understand. 34" bolt-on neck. 

Neck is really nice, smaller than the baseball bat you get on the L2000. Currently strung with some fender roundwounds that have hardly been played. 

I would really rather not post this, so collection from Burntisland, Fife - or can potentially meet in/around the West End of Edinburgh during the week. If you really want it and you're not local then I might be able to find a box and arrange a courier at cost. Hit me up if you're interested. 

Complete photo gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/Qnaj9kd

(I really don't "want" trades - but would potentially be interested in something jazz / jaguar flavoured with either 4 or 5 strings, part-ex against some Smallsound/Bigsound pedals - TAFM or F*ck overdrive, or maybe a micro/mini bass amp head)

nIQ4BDH.jpg

HQ08RHv.jpg

2hJwaSW.jpg

Edited by uncle psychosis
Sold
  • Like 9

Awesome bass and beautiful finish with the binding and contoured flame maple  top.

Brilliant value , I have one too and the GTB ( White with black binding ). Yes, M2000 very versatile ( and I like my L2000 too! ) GLWTS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2021 at 16:08, Quent said:

Awesome bass and beautiful finish with the binding and contoured flame maple  top.

Brilliant value , I have one too and the GTB ( White with black binding ). Yes, M2000 very versatile ( and I like my L2000 too! ) GLWTS.

Quent, 

Just curious on differences between your L and M200 soundwise?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A bump for a fine bass which has been hanging around far too long.

The Tribute M-2000 (no longer in production) is a fine bass - a no nonsense, 2 pickup, 18V active, 3 band EQ bass with a lovely neck which is half way between a P and a J.  This one in particular is a limited run with the body binding and carved top.

I would be tempted myself as it's bloody gorgeous and I've had a Tribute M-2000 before, but right now I'm aff it (gear abstinence)

GLWTS

• Thanks 1

On 17/01/2022 at 22:10, uncle psychosis said:

Yes, still available. Are you in Italy? I'm afraid I can't post internationally. Thanks

You should take a look at your forwarder of choice and his offerings. Shipping internationally, even into a different customs territory, is not as complicated as you may think and it opens up a new level of potential customers for you UK people ;)

Oh an btw: Beautiful and versatile bass

Edited by DanTM

• uncle psychosis changed the title to ***SOLD*** G&L M-2000 Tribute GTS TB