Why become a member? ×

SAG

Happy Jack

10 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

Y'know, it never even crossed my mind that this would be analogue ... I just assumed it was digital.

Just found this: https://www.churchproduction.com/education/audio_review_klark_teknik_square_one_dynamics_processor/

These things originally retailed at over $2000.

I may have found another reason not to buy one.

It's not so complicated. 

Eight identical channels so once you've figured out how one works you know how to work the other 7 as well.

Also the bottom half of each channel doesn't do anything unless you need side-chain processing (where the signal being processed is controlled by a different signal - i.e. compression/gating of the bass guitar being triggered by the kick drum).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BigRedX said:

It's not so complicated. 

Eight identical channels so once you've figured out how one works you know how to work the other 7 as well.

Also the bottom half of each channel doesn't do anything unless you need side-chain processing (where the signal being processed is controlled by a different signal - i.e. compression/gating of the bass guitar being triggered by the kick drum).

.????????????? Me no speak the lingo!

A "relic" instrument. They never look quite right and it seems dishonest to try to make an instrument look like it's been used on 15 world tours when it's fresh out of the factory. 

Also Epiphones with Gibson logos and Squire's with Fender logos. The music equivalent of putting GTI badges on basic spec cars.

• Like 1