Why become a member? ×

Like lomenzo

danbowskill

I keep coming back to my ashdown lomenzo.
.. Sounds a bit ok on its own but combined with other overdrive/distortions (especially the B7k) it adds something really special for me, the ashdown only distorts the mid range that makes my other drives punch better

Downside is its massive and feels a bit cheap to me.is there anything like this in a small format? 

Edited by danbowskill

The Lomenzo is the best drive (for me) that I've found. I have a few issues with it: the form factor, the useless VU meter and the overabundance of controls... and being of a diy bent I've always fancied tackling a redesign of it but "real life" keeps getting in the way... 

I like it on its own for what I do, but you're not alone in liking to stack it! I've seen that a few times - Peter Iwers, formerly of In Flames, stacked it with an MXR DI. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

The Lomenzo is the best drive (for me) that I've found. I have a few issues with it: the form factor, the useless VU meter and the overabundance of controls... and being of a diy bent I've always fancied tackling a redesign of it but "real life" keeps getting in the way... 

I like it on its own for what I do, but you're not alone in liking to stack it! I've seen that a few times - Peter Iwers, formerly of In Flames, stacked it with an MXR DI. 

Wish i had the skills, like you say... No vu, no freq knob (perfect at 12 o clock) or narrow Q switch. Smaller case and better footswitch 👌

21 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Might the Ashdown Triple Shot be worth a look? It's a three band overdrive, so just the mids could be dirtied up. Hopefully the mid frequency centre is similar to the freq knob at 12!

https://ashdownmusic.com/collections/pedals-1/products/triple-shot-drive-pedal

Same idea as the VFE Triumvirate. I don't know if the Triple Shot has adjustable frequency ranges like the Triumvirate, and at 239 quid I'm unlikely to find out!

The Triumvirate didn't work nearly as well for me as the Lomenzo though... While the mid range drive was OK I couldn't get it as focused as the Lomenzo and the high or low ends didn't sound as nice either. Good for other sounds, but not the same sounds as the Lomenzo.

• 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, bode said:

I have this pedal still unopened in my box of tricks. I do know that the pedal was modelled on the Billy Sheehan modded Pearce BC 1

Another 'overdrive' pedal modelled on the same pre amp are the Suncoast HD1 and pre amps.

http://www.suncoastanalog.com/

I like the sound of the HD-1 from listening to Eric Arko's youtube demo, but I don't think it does quite the same thing as the Lomenzo which only distorts the (adjustable) midrange frequencies.