Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro LX4 Gloss Black - £1,300
£1500
Bolton

Pow_22

May massively regret this as its the most expensive and stunning to look at bass ive had. However, everytime i buy something that isnt a basic Jazz or P bass i end up battling with it 😔. So, i believe its a 2018 but happy to be corrected.  I swapped the chrome hardware for gold but originals can be included in the sale (gold looks miles better on these).  Bought it on a bit of a whim watching the most recent Blondie line up where Leigh Fox sometimes totes one of these along side his NS2 and gets the most ballsiest tone.  Alas, ive seen a nice simple jazz that’s probably more me but if i pull this ad at any point im sure people would understand.  Not really sure what more to add....its got EMG PJ pups, adjustable Tonepump preamp, is currently wearing GHS pressurewounds and sounds like a nuclear bomb going off.  Ive wound the tonepump back to just under 50% and its still a hot donkey beach 😀.  Collection from Bolton or could meet within reasonable distance.

F90B7C66-6C57-46FB-A789-0FC7BCC8617B.jpeg

Edited by Pow_22
  • Like 7

For some reason i cant add photos....will keep trying

edit. Saying ive reached my upload limit.  Will need to do some Housekeeping i think

Edited by Pow_22

Lovely, gotta get past that ‘it isn’t a fender’’ and take it for what it is, put some DR’s or DM blue steels on and let her sing!! 

but GLWTS if you don’t keep her.

all black too very nice  😋

Funnily enough i did have some NPS Blue Steels on here as thats what Leigh Foxx uses and it was a lovely tone.  Its the old case of “its not her, its me” 🤣. Im still very much umming and ahhing so may well pull after ive slept on it.  Massively struggling to get pics up tho, keeps saying i cant upload so much MB?

1 minute ago, Pow_22 said:

Massively struggling to get pics up tho, keeps saying i cant upload so much MB?

That’s the Spector fighting you “keep me” it’s crying out 🤣😂👍🏻

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pow_22 said:

Not really sure what more to add....

Very nice one. What you could add is that it is kind of a limited edition as it is one of the last available Euro LX in black with chrome hardware and solid maple wings. The latest LXs come in black cherry, trans black stain, poplar burl natural and black&blue finishes. They also have the alder/walnut/maple or burl top sandwich instead of solid maple wings. In my opinion, a Euro with maple wings gets you closer to the US NS-2, especially if, whoever buys it, replaces the Tonepump with the Haz 9V preamp, which can be bought separately. 

GLWTS 👍

• Thanks 1

It's a Spector Euro4 LX Limited Edition (Full maple wings and chrome hardware) obviously ive put the gold hardware on. Im still clearing old ads to free up space for more pics so will improve the original ad asap

3 hours ago, Pow_22 said:

It's a Spector Euro4 LX Limited Edition (Full maple wings and chrome hardware) obviously ive put the gold hardware on. Im still clearing old ads to free up space for more pics so will improve the original ad asap

Would you be willing to refit the chrome hardware ? 

5 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Very nice one. What you could add is that it is kind of a limited edition as it is one of the last available Euro LX in black with chrome hardware and solid maple wings. The latest LXs come in black cherry, trans black stain, poplar burl natural and black&blue finishes. They also have the alder/walnut/maple or burl top sandwich instead of solid maple wings. In my opinion, a Euro with maple wings gets you closer to the US NS-2, especially if, whoever buys it, replaces the Tonepump with the Haz 9V preamp, which can be bought separately. 

GLWTS 👍

Re: solid maple wings on Euros... Spector themselves (PJ Rubal iirc) stated the following on talkbass - I don’t have the thread to hand but this can be googled..

1) maple wings on Euro’s were European maple, which isn’t as hard as North American maple - and doesn’t sound the same

2) they specifically designed the Euro ‘sandwich’ in an attempt to get closer to the sound of US spectors

3) the ‘sandwich’ actually costs them more  to produce than if they had used solid european maple wings

In practice far more of the tone will be due to the North American maple neck-thru wood blank (same on euros and on US spectors) PLUS the emgs/preamp. Just trying to share some facts.

in any case this looks like a killer bass, with whichever hardware it’s wearing! And like all spectors it should also sound great, regardless of body wings material 👍

Edited by roman_sub

6 hours ago, PatrickJ said:

Would you be willing to refit the chrome hardware ? 

Yes, both sets of hardware will be included in the sale. They are both drop in exact replacements with no extra holes or anything

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst cash is king - Trade wise/part ex id consider Fender P’s (4 string traditional type - I particularly like 90’s MIJ fenders), Italia rimini bass or peerless retromatic (black) and valve SVT’s with cash top ups to make up the difference in value

Edited by Pow_22

• 3 weeks later...

As something I really want has cropped up ive had to stick this on evilbay. Obviously ill incur fees etc on there so ill put it on here that ill take offers. Will withdraw if the p bass ive seen sells