Why become a member? ×

New bass, New Member

Harmony1954

Hello Folks, just got a new bass and decided to join this forum.

After being away in the land of guitars for some decades I am migrating back to bass. Its a Fender from 2016, which is much better than the Hondo that i started on in 1992.

Amp wise have a 1977 Marshall CMI Lead Bass 50 and am looking to find a suitable cab, or a new combo altogether..

I look forward to a good time here

_DSC0644.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks, I have about 20 guitars, this is my only bass, and I feel satisfied. Wife has a Ibanez Soundgear, but i wanted something that could be passive as well, that I wouldn't need to upgrade. Also, I couldn't handle the faff of not being able to adjust the trussrod without all sorts of unscrewing, as is the case on traditional Fender basses

• Like 1

Just now, Harmony1954 said:

Thanks, I have about 20 guitars, this is my only bass, and I feel satisfied. Wife has a Ibanez Soundgear, but i wanted something that could be passive as well, that I wouldn't need to upgrade. Also, I couldn't handle the faff of not being able to adjust the trussrod without all sorts of unscrewing, as is the case on traditional Fender basses

20 guitars? Sounds like you should be on Guitar Chat too (it’s a bit quieter than here, whilst the numbers build).

• Like 1

Welcome,

Nice brown burst on the P...

Need some picks of the Ibby as well - there is an Ibanez Owners Thread..

There was a Trace Elliot Stack on here... looked like something out of Stonehenge... and prolly loud enough to reach back in time!

Edited by PaulThePlug

38 minutes ago, Harmony1954 said:

Wife has a Ibanez Soundgear,

Two bass players in the same household?? I can see many arguments about what to buy from the For sale thread.

Hope you have lots of space in your home...😉😉

3 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

Welcome,

Nice brown burst on the P...

Need some picks of the Ibby as well - there is an Ibanez Owners Thread..

There was a Trace Elliot Stack on here... looked like something out of Stonehenge... and prolly loud enough to reach back in time!

That's it with some of its friends

Ibanez.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Two bass players in the same household?? I can see many arguments about what to buy from the For sale thread.

Hope you have lots of space in your home...😉😉

So low on space we sleep upright! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PaulThePlug said:

Safety in numbers!... Nice Natural Strat...

Thank you. I love colours, particularly sea Luar green and some oranges,  but I have more security knowing that I am getting a quality piece of wood. Although many Strats made of up to 5 pieces of wood, I somehow feel it is more value getting one piece? I did upgrade the pickups to Abby's pickups, which sounds as though you have taken a blanket off of the speaker.

Surprising to me, the Elite Bass is one magnificent piece of wood! I need to bring my skills up to the grade of the bass now!

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

Welcome Harmony.

Thank you !

Fender Limited Edition RAW American Special Ash Stratocaster Electric Guitar Natural _ Guitar Center.pdf