Why become a member? ×

Basschat Olympics

funkydoug

Hi folks, 

A bit of pure basschat geekery here. Look away if you're expecting anything useful or even musical...

Think @warwickhunt and I may have set a record for the fastest sale. From me posting the advert to the item arriving in his hand it took 32 mins according to the forum clock. It was a totally genuine sale with no prior contact or other shenanigans. I confess to getting a kick out of it ...and was relieved that there were no speed cameras on the way 🤣

Happy to take a drug test if the moderators insist 🤣... can anyone beat our time, or claim another Olympian feat?

Edited by funkydoug
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I did 3 circuits with one bass, if there’s a category for buying the same bass?

Black Status Groove 5 string.

Lap 1: Bought- Sold- Regret- Tracked down-

Lap2: Bought - sold- Regret- Tracked down-

Lap3: Bought -sold - Regret- fell over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, oldslapper said:

I did 3 circuits with one bass, if there’s a category for buying the same bass?

Black Status Groove 5 string.

Lap 1: Bought- Sold- Regret- Tracked down-

Lap2: Bought - sold- Regret- Tracked down-

Lap3: Bought -sold - Regret- fell over.

Sorry sir, but I have you beat by one on this particular game! 

1979 Ibanez Roadster bought buy me.

Then sold, and bought back.

Then sold and bought back.

Then sold and bought back.

Two of the sales/re-purchases were basschat folk too! The bass will now remain with me until death, whenever that might be!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

And, may I submit my 13 string bass as a contender for the most stringiest bass in standard bass tunings. (Sold as the fanning made it utterly unplayable!)

Screenshot_20210508-192253_Chrome.thumb.jpg.259fe7cd70a629a6007962731481f6fd.jpg

Nice, and I can see the headstock helped fell the tree? Who needs a chainsaw...

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Sorry sir, but I have you beat by one on this particular game! 

1979 Ibanez Roadster bought buy me.

Then sold, and bought back.

Then sold and bought back.

Then sold and bought back.

Two of the sales/re-purchases were basschat folk too! The bass will now remain with me until death, whenever that might be!

Wow, that’s Steve Ovet stamina right there sir! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, binky_bass said:

And, may I submit my 13 string bass as a contender for the most stringiest bass in standard bass tunings. (Sold as the fanning made it utterly unplayable!) Along with the extra 9 strings? 🙏

Edited by oldslapper

16 minutes ago, oldslapper said:
55 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

And, may I submit my 13 string bass as a contender for the most stringiest bass in standard bass tunings. (Sold as the fanning made it utterly unplayable!) Along with the extra 9 strings? 

Ah, but what you don't know is that Russ Binky Bass, as with many Basildonians, has thirteen fingers on his fretting hand.  Makes sense now.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Hellzero said:

Ok then, let's play, seven years of waiting for my custom made EUB Leduc U-Contrebasse 6 Moaï. Ordered in 2006, received in 2013.

IMG_20210419_160542.thumb.jpg.c34f09b316155c66d2a7788854349643.jpg

Some serious staying power!

Nice to see some extreme endurance champions to counterbalance this morning's sprint :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I drove a 7 hour round trip to trade a bass in a motorway services. 

Stopped, swapped, back onto the the motorway. 

I doubt its a record though.. 

It works as an 'event' - like the long jump. You've set a record of 7hrs until we get a longer one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

I drove a 7 hour round trip to trade a bass in a motorway services. 

Stopped, swapped, back onto the the motorway. 

I doubt its a record though.. 

I can beat the 7 hours round trip trade when I drove to do a trade with @Kev Glasgow to roughly Coventry I think it was a 12 hours round trip from what I remember. Totally worth it though, it started my love affair with Alphers. 

• Like 4

Apologies gentlemen, but I can beat that too! 

I flew to San Francisco on a Friday evening, picked up a bass (a 9 string Pac Man Conklin form Jean Baudin) and flew back on Monday morning. On the Wednesday of that week I did a 1100 mile total round trip to collect a Mesa M-Pulse and Powerhouse cab as well as dropping off 4 of my eBay sales on route! My average speed for every hour of that time frame was in excess of 100mph and I clocked just over 12,000 miles total! 

Beat that! 😜

I've also taken a bus to Belgium to meet @Hellzero and flew to Croatia to meet @basscell ironically for the exact same bass!! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, binky_bass said:

Apologies gentlemen, but I can beat that too! 

I flew to San Francisco on a Friday evening, picked up a bass (a 9 string Pac Man Conklin form Jean Baudin) and flew back on Monday morning. On the Wednesday of that week I did a 1100 mile total round trip to collect a Mesa M-Pulse and Powerhouse cab as well as dropping off 4 of my eBay sales on route! My average speed for every hour of that time frame was in excess of 100mph and I clocked just over 12,000 miles total! 

Beat that! 😜

I've also taken a bus to Belgium to meet @Hellzero and flew to Croatia to meet @basscell ironically for the exact same bass!! 

Oft I don't see anyone beating that...