Why become a member? ×

I see a little silhouetto of a bass, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, can you guess the Fandango?

spacecowboy

Here's hopefully a bit of fun for everyone. I am designing a new single cut bass, 6 string, short scale, after I had designed the body shape I couldn't shake the thought of "Haven't I seen this before?"

So I grabbed some images of other 6 string single cuts, cut them out, turned them black and lined them up... leads to the question, if you follow basic design principals and design your shape with care do you end up looking like everyone else? 

So looking at the image below can people guess the bass builder? 

One of them is mine mixed with 5 other brands. 

SINGLECUTSILL.thumb.jpg.f5ae48949f65f6674d8d62775ffba0c6.jpg

I'll put the results on when there's been a few guesses :)

Have fun

• Like 1

Are you designing a corset with shoulder straps to go with this new bass? cant say I'm a lover of any of those similar coffee table designs, as an Mbass Mk1 owner I feel this is still the best looking but although sold as a single cut, when you see where it meets the neck it is no different to a Horned bass. So my preference if truly going single cut to get the benefit would be like the Bassline Worp but I also like Lefay PAGTON can you pop a few other models silhouettes up here for more choice. cheers

wouldn't like to guess any of the above shapes too similar

image.png.c1342180d00c65355b52798371453e75.png

Edited by deepbass5
missing word
  • Like 1

Yes so much more than the Ole beached whale we see so much of. There are subtle differences and do agree with Dood Jon Shukers single cut is more refined and understated than others. The eye tells you when its right before the brain can tell you why one works and one does not. When Warwick launched theirs I was shocked it was massive.

7 minutes ago, spacecowboy said:

Well not too many guesses... 👍... 💔😥

1. Ibanez
  2. Fodera
  3. Cort
  4. Elrick
  5. Shuker (well done @Dood)
  6. Mine a.k.a Holyrood Park 😄

Yay! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Is the bass in your avatar one of your designs? If so can show us a better picture, it looks very sleek and the bottom complements the top, which many other designs don't. Some manufacturers also use a smaller body so overall impact is not overwhelming but functional without additional weight.

Whoops, I didn't read the full thread!
Great attention to detail from me there ;)

Looks like I got a few wrong anyway...

1. The Spaced Cowboy?
2. Fodera Emperor II
3. Ibanez SRSC
4. Elrick E-Volution
5. Shuker Singlecut
6. Brubraker Singlecut

Eude

Edited by eude
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, spacecowboy said:

Ooooooh @Hellzero how is/was the Stradi? Love his work!

Nice collection too! A few Aries in there? 3 of them?

The Stradi was a great sounding bass, but the neck shape was awful (take the worst boat neck and go a step bigger) with heavy neck diving.

And indeed 3 Aries basses (the one and only Bajadera, the VS 6 Signature and the VS 6 Tomek). Great basses too, except they were too heavy for me (broken back).

Can you name the others ? 😉