Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Acoustic/Bass? Preamp Arriving May 10th

Chienmortbb

As I play mainly Bass and Acoustic Guitar, I was tempted by Asdown's recent offer on the Acoustic Pre Amp pedal. As it doubles up as a DI, at £40ish it was too tempting especially as the blurb says it is good for bass too. It is arrives Monday so I will let you know how I get on.

image.png.57436f8ea38787ad6e4d201a5676b9d5.png

• Like 4

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well I have had little time to play with it but with my main bass, a Fender Aerodyne with the stock pickups changed to a DiMarzio P/J set is would distort at higher gain settings. However I think that is because the DiMarzios are high output. If you can wait a day or so I will record directly to the PC via a USB interface. I have three basses at the moment. Apart form the Fendee Japan Aerodyne, also a Peavey P Bass  and a Marcus Miller M2. IF you forgive my crappy  playing I will use with all three on various Pre amp settings and also go straight into the USB interface using the HiZ input. I will change the strings on the Aerodyne first. I have the choice of D'Addario's or Roto Nexus coated strings. As I have D'Addarios on the Marcus Miller, maybe they would be the best choice? The P Bass is fitted with Fender (D'Addario) Flats, about three years old

Edited by Chienmortbb