Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Sine Effect Mega Parametric EQ £110
£120
Twickenham

SumOne

EDIT: SOLD

Sine Effect Mega Parametric EQ £120  Reduced to £110

Perfect condition and working order. UK Handmade, the Sine Effect website says they are £150 but they are in fact £169+postage  (if you email Sine effect they point you to their eBay store and there is a 4 week wait).

I got this about 2 months ago but I don't need it now as I have a signal chain of: Active Bass> overdrive with EQ>DI pedal with EQ>Amp with 10 band EQ....I do love a bit of EQing but having this too is overkill!

Twickenham pickup or £7 posted via recorded delivery.

From the manufacturer:

Details:

The MegaPara is a 3-band parametric EQ pedal for electric, acoustic and bass guitar. It is designed to be as useful, flexible and reliable as possible in any live or studio situation.

Based on professional rack technology, the MegaPara is hand-soldered and assembled, and is the result of years of customer feedback and parametric EQ experience. This pedal covers the frequency range of all string instruments and is highly-accurate, so that the musician truly calls the shots. Find your perfect tone, discover new ones and fix problems.

Features:

• 3 bands ranging from 25Hz to 16KHz, to suit bass, electric or acoustic guitar
  • Switchable Peak/Shelf modes on High and Low bands (+/-15dB gain in both modes)
  • Cut or boost the input by 10dB
  • Wide headroom
  • Low noise components
  • Hand-measured capacitors for high accuracy
  • DC jack now on top of pedal

Specifications:

• Operating Voltage: 9-18V DC mains adaptor or 9V PP3 Battery (not included)
  • Current Draw: ~25mA
  • Input/Output Impedance: 1 Megaohm/100 ohm
  • Frequency Ranges: 25-400Hz, 150-2,500Hz, 1-16KHz
  • Accuracy: +/-5% (all controls)
  • Headroom: 8-14Vpp
  • Noise: -95dB
  • Distortion: 0.065%
  • Dimensions: ~11x8x6cm

My feedback is here https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/446834-feedback-for-sumone/?tab=comments#comment-4400336

20210430_125906.jpg

20210430_130214.jpg

20210430_130242.jpg

20210430_130316.jpg

20210430_130306.jpg

Edited by SumOne
Sold
  • Like 2

If anyone needs a sales pitch:

Fully Parametric EQ means you can dial in a very specific frequency (more so than with graphic EQ which have set frequency points) and select the 'width' of that frequency (graphic EQ pedals just have fixed width, and semi-parametric EQs don't include it). Also, Parametric EQ is less 'noisy' than graphic EQ pedals.  "Parametric equalizers are capable of making much more precise adjustments to sound than other equalizers, and are commonly used in sound recording" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equalization_(audio)#Parametric_equalizer 

If no takers here then this'll go up on eBay (where there is a 4 week wait to buy for £169 new) by the end of the week. 

Edited by SumOne

• MB1 locked this topic