Why become a member? ×

Fender replacement neck fit on Squier Classic Vibe ( Tele/'50s )

Good day,

I'm looking for some information regarding this very neck sold by Fender
https://shop.fender.com/it-IT/parts/electric-bass-parts/necks/replacement-necks/fender-1951-precision-bass-neck/0990202921.html

702470946_Screenshot(397).png.f199294ec2d97310cee2620aaf474253.png

I just got a used Squier Classic Vibe '50s (2020) P bass and the neck is probably shot since the truss rod won't have any effect on the curvature.
Since I bought this bass to be in C tuning, I could solve the problem by using almost standard gauge strings, which would put very little force over the neck, being tuned two steps down and call it a day the cheapest way.
Clearly the thought of not being able to play it in standard if I wanted or to fine tune the setup is very annoying.
Of course I bought it used quite cheap so returning is not an option.

The point is that I'm thinking about the chance of upgrading it with a better neck since I really like the bass apart from this deadly problem and I can't find the Fender neck heel measures anywhere and I'm not really into taking another chance.

Did anyone do the same swap? Anyone got a contact I could ask this info to? I already wrote to an Italian dealer selling this very neck and they can't get me the data....

The link to the website says "This replacement neck is for a Fender or Squier® by Fender guitar."

So will definitely fit. One thing to note is that generally Fender necks are 63mm at the heel, and Squier are 64mm. There may be a small gap around the Fender neck as it's 1mm smaller, put into the Squier body.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Sooo I completely forgot to update this thread.

As I took the bass to the luthier, he confirmed the neck was shot as the truss rod had no action: it would have needed replacement, a kind of expense I wasn't keen on taking for such bass. I went ahead and bought the Fender neck after recieving confirmation about the heel measures, as I thought that once I had an expense, it could have very well been a decent upgrade (mostly because the Fender neck was 40% off).

It wasn't an easy fit after all because the neck heel screw holes had to be moved, and since I decided to keep the Squier tuning machines he kinda fought with the headstock as the holes for the tuning machine trees had to be slightly enlarged. 

He complimented the neck quality wise, also telling me that since it hadn't been sitting in a shop with the string tension ruining it in case of lack of care, it would keep very stable and straight. I was scared the finish would be too pale as I love vintage looking necks, but it's got a nice tone while still being not dark and I really appreciate it.

As I played it a few days I deecided I needed a different pickguard, and since I couldn't find what I was looking for I made myself a matte black one.

Here's the bad boy.

68251283_Screenshot(439).png.64a7d402567220c6c508b65578d10707.png

All things considered it turned into a really good instrument, the tone is very nice (yet I'm thinking about a pickup upgrade, mostly to kill the hum) and this Fender replacement neck is really awesome. The shape is very chunky yet incredibly comfortable to play.

That's all folks.

• Like 1