Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* NEW! 2 x Schaller Strap Lock Sets - Nickel
£14
Swindon, Wiltshire

*SOLD*

Hi folks!

For some reason, I have two new and unopened sets of Schaller Lock Strap (both nickel). They're my strap lock of choice - easy to install and never let me down.

• £14 each including postage
  • Bank transfer preferred (I'll provide bank details in private message)
  • All prices include postage.
  • No trades.
  • For prices outside UK, please message me.

Marketing spiel below pictures!

Cheers, Steve

IMG_1187.thumb.JPG.1bc56232287e2c4e7c108378499b133d.JPGIMG_1188.thumb.JPG.d300613ed3788ef3eb9b8cbd87968156.JPG

"It takes balls to redesign something that most people don’t think is broken, and the team at Schaller have gone all out for it.

We welcome the new Schaller S-Locks!

The original Schaller Strap Locks were and still are something of an icon; the first system introduced to protect your instrument from drops and provide complete peace of mind when standing with your guitar on stage. Thanks to this security, a whole new era of stage performance were born, one where you could fairly comfortably launch your guitar around your shoulders without fear of it flying off into your drummer... I did not recommend this - cue YouTube!

Although the old-timer is great, in its 37 years of road testing a couple of flaws have been noted including the nut & washer system which could work its way loose over time, the awkward moment you realised you’d gone too heavy on the padded strap and had to spend half an hour wrestling it on, and that damn rattle and occasional squeak you’d get from the play in the mechanism.

Well in stroll S-Locks. The new system irons out of those flaws (no matter how pedantic) and brings with it a whole new level of security and style. Schaller’s completely silent S-Locks come in 3 pieces: one-piece strap button, horseshoe-style lock and new lock wheel, and thanks to these redesigned components these locks are now completely silent, and will accommodate any strap and will never come loose!

The three sections:

Strap Button 
The strap button now comes as a solid, single item rather than a separate screw and button. It’s made from hardened steel and features a 4mm, self-tapping wood screw that will fit securely on any guitar, including Gibsons! Also includes a pair of high-grade felt washers to add extra protection to the guitar’s finish.

Lock
Now featuring a much longer thread, the new lock section can accommodate a strap up to 6mm thick comfortably. The iconic horse-show-shaped pocket still remains but the locking bolt now features a slanted cutaway which allows the button to drop in reliably and without wear. The pull-up ball has also been redesigned for easy grip for release. 
And, of course, the lock will fit onto existing Schaller buttons on your guitar!

Lock-Wheel
The most obvious new addition is the distinguishing locking wheel which now features a three-step locking system – far better than the nut and washer design of before. The wheel is tightened on by hand and alone would be a sufficient lock; however, the second stage is to slot a 2mm screw-driver/pin/Allen key through the wheel which acts as a lever to really tighten it down. Lastly, tighten in the grub screw on the side and this sucker will never move!"

Edited by mildmanofrock

• MB1 locked this topic