Why become a member? ×

Aria Pro II Gibson Ripper Project Now Sold
£195
Lancaster

Aria Pro II Gibson Ripper Project

This is for sale only and will be a great restoration project for someone. 

I’m selling as I’m restoring an old Hayman bass and need to fund a neck repair for it.

This Aria dates from the late 70s early 80s. Unlike a genuine Ripper it has a bolt on neck. The pickups on this are Epiphone humbuckers - obviously replacements. I got the covers from WD music to make them look more Ripper like! They are guitar pickups but work fine. The neck is in good condition with a working trussrod. The cover is missing and the nut has been replaced. Machineheads are original. Neck plate, body, neck and strap buttons are original. The bridge is too but it’s awful and I’ve noticed it has had a Fender style bridge installed at some point. I tried both and the Fender is an easier option so I will include a Squier bridge. The obvious issue is a missing scratchplate. You can order these from WD for £35 or make your own. The lovely ‘scratchplate’ attached was on it when I bought it. 

I wouldn’t know if it were a rare bass but I’ve not seen many Ripper copies about. It’s a nice old thing for restoration and will be a good bass once sorted. I’m looking for what I paid for it including the parts I bought myself. No trades UK only. It plays ok when wearing strings. Thanks 

Postage in UK at cost. I will send with neck removed. 

Edited by ash
Sold
  • Like 3

• MB1 locked this topic