Why become a member? ×

New multi-fx from SmoothHound - SIVA

rushbo

I've been in Chris's shed whilst he was working on this. Great to see it launch. I know very little about the inner workings of pedals (or anything electrical actually...) but it was really interesting to see how he was effectively mapping every component of a pedal circuit diagram using software.

Hope it does well for him.🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Looks nice although  no bass amp sims yet. Pricey but I wonder if the Helix and Kempers model volume related distortion that well?

Helix and the Fractal stuff does. I've not played a Kemper or a Neural QC, but the Neural plugins do.

Component and signal path modelling is not new.

1 hour ago, redbandit599 said:

I've been in Chris's shed whilst he was working on this. Great to see it launch. I know very little about the inner workings of pedals (or anything electrical actually...) but it was really interesting to see how he was effectively mapping every component of a pedal circuit diagram using software.

Hope it does well for him.🙂

Thanks @redbandit599

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

Helix and the Fractal stuff does. I've not played a Kemper or a Neural QC, but the Neural plugins do.

Component and signal path modelling is not new.

I won't comment on any of the other excellent systems on the market other than to say we're definitely competing on tone. If it wasn't for the advances I made in high efficiency SPICE simulation (why I refer to it as virtual analogue) we wouldn't have a product.

9 minutes ago, SmoothHoundChris said:

Thanks @redbandit599

I won't comment on any of the other excellent systems on the market other than to say we're definitely competing on tone. If it wasn't for the advances I made in high efficiency SPICE simulation (why I refer to it as virtual analogue) we wouldn't have a product.

For guitar use and for recording I went fully digital years ago - so I'm looking forward to hearing it. It would take a lot to pry me away from Helix, but you never know!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm making progress on bass amps. An SVT blue line is coming together. It's a pretty complicated amp but the valves used are similar to those in guitar amps so from what I've seen so far it should sound fine.

bass_spoiler.png

Also getting to grips with the Acoustic 360/361 circuits. I've simulated lots of bipolar effects pedals but this is the first solid state power amp I've done.

Any comments about how these sound with over driven power amp would be gratefully received.