Why become a member? ×

Sold. 2021 Fender Boxer Series MIJ Jazz Bass Special Metallic Sherwood Green
£850
Darlington

karlfer

Bought this for £1209 about 6 weeks ago, my first brand new bass for 9 years. 

P body, J neck, P/J pups, Micro-Tilt neck, MIJ Limited Edition, 8lb 14oz. Original Fender Deluxe (ie cheap & nasty) gigbag included.

I did a bit of practice on Monday evening. When putting it away I clattered it on the top of the belly cut out, see pic 4.

Only 1 bit of damage, rest of the bass is literally as new. I glued the big bit back (badly).

I can't bear to look at it, knowing what I've done to this lovely Limited Edition bass (yes, I know, but I'm psychotic about my gear, several nervous drummers will attest to this!).

I only want to trade for a Fender Road Worn Jazz or Precision. Yes, I know I'm losing money big style, but it's sat in the corner, I can feel the hatred oozing from it's pores 😪

Meet half way please, I don't have a box, we would both have to fork out for insured couriers anyway.

Happy to leave this up for months.

Thanks for looking,

Karl.

DSCF4338 (2).JPG

DSCF4339 (2).JPG

DSCF4340 (2).JPG

DSCF4341 (2).JPG

Edited by karlfer
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, bagsieblue said:

Oooshh - @karlfer, you know when you say "only want to trade for a Fender Road Worn Jazz or Precision"...........

Nothing else at all of interest?  🙄🙄

Don't start Martyn 😁, you know how weak I am and I still have a little bit in the piggy bank 😂.

Edited by karlfer
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Don't start Martyn 😁, you know how weak I am and I still have a little bit in the piggy bank 😂.

Haha, yep, lovely bass that Boxer.

Should you weaken then good to have a chat.

No rush, very early days on this ad - Hopefully a Fender Road Worn Jazz or Precision surfaces 🙄

Edited by bagsieblue
  • Like 1

A lovely bass indeed!  Karlfer, can't you just live with the knock?  I did something similar to my pristine Spector Shorty last week - very similar place too - it hurt but I'm just about getting used to it.  I try to avoid looking when I pick the bass up but forget about everything when I play it - a beautiful player with stunning tone, and from the front, it still looks as new  

Edited by three
spelling
  • Like 1

I feel your pain. I dropped a bass that I have owned for 35 years that was virtually free of marks, the damage is on the front though and I couldn't look at it for days 😣

GLWTS.

• Sad 2

• MB1 locked this topic