Why become a member? ×

Upcoming builds

HazBeen

Whilst I am still very much focussing on the multiscale 5, I have 3 projects lined up already. 1 scratch build, 2 part-builds. And two are actual client builds too... based on seeing me play my own instruments, two people asked me to build them an instrument too! Scary but very cool.

- I found a mint wenge/bubinga Ibanez Grooveline 104 neck on the web recently. I got it for very little money indeed, it is a made in Japan Prestige neck with Titanium stiffening rods from 2013, never fitted to a bass. I am going to use this neck and build a 4 string passive PJ. Alder body (own design), wenge/bubinga neck (I will remodel the headstock as it is fugly currently), EMG Geezer pups, Gotoh GB707 tuners chrome, Hipshot kickass bridge, black stain/oil finish, black pick guard. For me,

- in parallel I will do a custom design 6 string (spits in disdain) scratch build. Alder body, 2 humbuckers, 25.5” scale rock monster. For a client.

- after I will do a VI/baritone build based on an 28.6” scale Ibanez Mikro bass neck provided. Jazzmaster based design body most likely. For a client.

That should sort me out for the rest of 2021 :)

Build threads to follow of course.....

• Like 5

6 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Cool, i look forward to pics of the process!

Is the Grooveline neck finished? If so, don't sand it. The Ibanez Prestige thing is very much in the neck treatment! :)

It appears finished. As I am remodeling the headstock I will probably need to sand everything down and refinish with oil. Should be fine, oil gives a really nice and thin finish to wenge/bubinga.

1 minute ago, PlungerModerno said:

My guesses (make yours before peeking!):

Hide contents

Musicman Big Al:

wo8uwwhbbsxlm8keheaq.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

BC Rich Mockinbird:

$_86.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

Ibanez Iceman/Destroyer (vibes I'm getting mostly from that headstock):

1981_DT50.JPG&f=1&nofb=1

Looks like it should be very unique, cool, and practical.

Damn, that was quick! 100% score and extra brownie points :) 

• Like 1