Why become a member? ×

THAT Andertons deal for the RH750...can I do better?

Moos3h

23 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

We’ll, maybe DG are the exception. If they are, good on them.

Do we know which power modules they’re using?

Their earlier stuff used the ICEpower 700ASC/X, which is a 700w amp, so maybe the same thing. it doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere. Its feasable that if you want 900w and you can accept a THD of 20% then that amp could do it. Although they also make a 1000ASC, so maybe that

Nope looking at the interior picture of the module it is a ICEpower700AS1

Talkbass image link

m900_01-jpg.4028831

Module:

https://www.profusionplc.com/parts/icepower700as1

Edited by Woodinblack
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

I think that works better if it is an image rather than a link!

giphy.gif

Quite possibly. It rendered OK on my screen when I posted it so give it about zero attention... but hey, you still clicked on it! :P

56 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

TC-Electronic had made the TC amps before their aquisition by music-tribe though, so not really their fault. I am not sure why they felt the need to put 2000 on it, its not like you are going to use that on an amp head anyway.

I did not realise that and I should add that the 700+ watts from the Bugera, like allmost all amps, is at 4 ohms. I usually use it with an 8 ohm cab so 350 ish into that.

2 hours ago, Bobthedog said:

Quite honestly why worry about the stated numbers. Speaker sensitivity, playing acoustics etc will each have a material impact on the perceived volume that comes out. If the amp plays loud enough for you and the tone is right, buy it.

In many ways you are correct.I realy don't need the power my amp puts out and even the most inefficient speaker would be very loud