Why become a member? ×

THAT Andertons deal for the RH750...can I do better?

Moos3h

The bottom amp will go as loud as the one perched on top of it (which delivers 900W at 4 ohms) and will cost you £150 less than the RH 750 even at Andertons prices. In terms of value, it's pretty hard to beat.

Bugera Veyron M.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

So is it actually 900w or noone really knows?

I think folk have estimated it to be around 800W RMS at 4ohms. It claims to be 2000W peak. 

As we know the actual volume difference between 800W and 900W RMS is pretty small. 

8 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I think folk have estimated it to be around 800W RMS at 4ohms. It claims to be 2000W peak. 

As we know the actual volume difference between 800W and 900W RMS is pretty small. 

Yes, negligable, I just wondered if they had started marking them with something other than 2000W now. I almost got one when thoman were being crazy about them (I think they got to under £200), but in the end I have enough amps, so it put me off. Hell of a deal though.

30 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

900w. Lol.

We're now referring to the two amps immediately above Wat, ie the DG M900 is 900W RMS and the Bugera Veyron M comes in at around 800W RMS. 

I.e. we were not discussing the RH 750 wattage, which has been established by other folk to be somewhat lower! 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

We're now referring to the two amps immediately above Wat, ie the DG M900 is 900W RMS and there Bugera Veyron M comes in at around 800W RMS. 

I.e. not the RH 750 which has been established by other folk to be somewhat lower! 

I will try to measure it when I get my gear out of storage but the Bugera Veyrons are probably somewhere between 700 and 800 watts RMS. It is important to keep these companies honest and Music Tribe do seem to have a problem with specs (Bugera and TC are Music Tribe brands). What I will say is that my Bugera Veyron is the most powerful amp I have ever used.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

I will try to measure it when I get my gear out of storage but the Bugera Veyrons are probably somewhere between 700 and 800 watts RMS. It is important to keep these companies honest and Music Tribe do seem to have a problem with specs (Bugera and TC are Music Tribe brands). What I will say is that my Bugera Veyron is the most powerful amp I have ever used.

TC-Electronic had made the TC amps before their aquisition by music-tribe though, so not really their fault. I am not sure why they felt the need to put 2000 on it, its not like you are going to use that on an amp head anyway.

3 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

TC-Electronic had made the TC amps before their aquisition by music-tribe though, so not really their fault. I am not sure why they felt the need to put 2000 on it, its not like you are going to use that on an amp head anyway.

Besides, I you believed that 2000W, you would need special cabs... 

49 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

We're now referring to the two amps immediately above Wat, ie the DG M900 is 900W RMS and the Bugera Veyron M comes in at around 800W RMS. 

I.e. we were not discussing the RH 750 wattage, which has been established by other folk to be somewhat lower! 

I stand by my comment.

10 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I stand by my comment.

Ah ok - so you are saying the DG M900 is not 900W RMS at 4 ohms as per their manuals?  

Be interesting if you have any evidence to back that up - I'm certainly not aware of Dark Glass having a reputation for inflating the wattage ratings about their amps?

22 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Ah ok - so you are saying the DG M900 is not 900W RMS at 4 ohms as per their manuals?  

Be interesting if you have any evidence to back that up - I'm certainly not aware of Dark Glass having a reputation for inflating the wattage ratings about their amps?

I’d like to see the evidence that what they have written in their manual is true.

8 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I’d like to see the evidence that what they have written in their manual is true.

Ah ok. Well I'm good with trusting DG, even if you're not. My amp is plenty loud enough for me. 

Have you actually tried one and A/B'd it against any of your other kit?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

So what is it? I assume they are saying 900 - what do you think it is. I hadn't seen anything to the contrary (not that I looked, or even cared that much, but interested now!)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I’m not saying it’s not loud enough.

I'm just wondering where your beef is with DG's rating of the power output of their amp? It's the first time I've heard anyone rubbishing DG's own RMS rating and a bit of an odd thing to say if you don't have their amp / never tried one / don't have any evidence to the contrary?

Either they are a trustworthy company or they are not.

Edited by Al Krow

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I'm just wondering where your beef is with DG's rating of the power output of their amp? It's the first time I've heard anyone rubbishing DG's own RMS rating and a bit of an odd thing to say if you don't have their amp / never tried one / don't have any evidence to the contrary?

Either they are a trustworthy company or they are not.

I’m just suspicious of all class D wattage ratings, and how they relate to the real world. It’s just marketing, ain’t it.

17 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

I’m just suspicious of all class D wattage ratings, and how they relate to the real world. It’s just marketing, ain’t it.

So there isn't anything specific you know about it, just that you don't trust class D ratings.

I just looked at the manual (oh, a 2R switch to reduce your output, that is a good idea) - It claims

Maximum Power Output: 900 Watts RMS @ 4 (1khz full blast 2 min max) 20%THD

Ignoring the 20%THD which seems a little large, that is a very specific claim that none of the other class d exagerated companies claim - 900W @ 1kHz continuous sound like a proper rating.

22 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47qbzmmwx6kisxt8u8jz

I think that works better if it is an image rather than a link!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

So there isn't anything specific you know about it, just that you don't trust class D ratings.

I just looked at the manual (oh, a 2R switch to reduce your output, that is a good idea) - It claims

Maximum Power Output: 900 Watts RMS @ 4 (1khz full blast 2 min max) 20%THD

Ignoring the 20%THD which seems a little large, that is a very specific claim that none of the other class d exagerated companies claim - 900W @ 1kHz continuous sound like a proper rating.

I think that works better if it is an image rather than a link!

giphy.gif

We’ll, maybe DG are the exception. If they are, good on them.

Do we know which power modules they’re using?