Why become a member? ×

THAT Andertons deal for the RH750...can I do better?

Moos3h

LOADS of amps for sub £350 that are 500w, which is either 50w more than the RS750 or 250 less (depending on who you believe) but you couldn't possibly notice the difference in volume either way!  

I think it is more a matter of do you like the tone of the TC or do you prefer the sound of one of the others.

21 minutes ago, Moos3h said:

What do we think folks? Primary consideration is POWERZ!!oneoneone, can more beef be had for £349?

Everyone loves power one one one! Sounds like a good deal. I would get that if I hadn't recently got a new ABM600, loved my TC450

Edited by Woodinblack

If I was looking for a new rig I'd probably go for that in terms of bang for buck. I'm on the fence about TC stuff, there's something nagging me that it's not that great but I think that's completely irrational and I don't know where I got that idea from. When you see who does and even who used to recently play them they can't be rubbish. 

I had the RH750 many years ago. There was something I didn't like about it (aside from the drive - I've never liked TC drive sounds).

Just seems a bit meh. I loved the idea, the compressor, the EQ channels etc, but I never could get a sound I liked. Might have been the cabs I had (MB 1x12s I think).

I'd like to try again with my current cab, but I have a bigger yearning for a big transformer amp. Maybe an ABM or something for a change.

3 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I had the RH750 many years ago. There was something I didn't like about it (aside from the drive - I've never liked TC drive sounds).

Just seems a bit meh. I loved the idea, the compressor, the EQ channels etc, but I never could get a sound I liked. Might have been the cabs I had (MB 1x12s I think).

I'd like to try again with my current cab, but I have a bigger yearning for a big transformer amp. Maybe an ABM or something for a change.

I had exactly the same experience and I assumed it was the cabs I had at the time - RS212 and RS112. I'd like to have tried it with the Barefaced cabs that I have now.

• Like 1

Well, I figured it's always nice to receive shiny things, so have gone with 'lets give it a go'.  Given people were spending a LOT more than this on the RH750 up until recently, it can't be bad!

Now I just need a cab so I can give it a try :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, warwickhunt said:

Were they not doing some kind of big discount on TC cabs if bought in conjunction?  

Yeah, wasn't really loving the look of the 4x10 and I have something in the pipeline - bargain tho!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2021 at 15:37, Moos3h said:

Well, I figured it's always nice to receive shiny things, so have gone with 'lets give it a go'.  Given people were spending a LOT more than this on the RH750 up until recently, it can't be bad!

Now I just need a cab so I can give it a try :D

Hello! I ordered the bundle so got the head with the 4x10. I've had the K series cabs before and really liked them. Basic but decent sounding imo. 

You could help me out here. I received mine today and noticed the Cooling fan didn't come on when I switch it on. I'm worried it's a fault (as I've seen the fans should run all the time on a couple of forum posts). Would you be able to tell me if your fan spins immediately, or not when you turn it on please?

I've done a separate thread, but this will solve the issue. 

Cheers! 

On 04/05/2021 at 11:25, Moos3h said:

What do we think folks? Primary consideration is POWERZ!!oneoneone, can more beef be had for £349?

Aside from my fan issue, I was just going to say I didn't have to think about this too long. My old band got back together on Tuesday, and I had no rig at all. I popped online and saw the deal for 499 and thought I would never find anything better without a load of messing about. I ordered it and then worried about what the wife would say.. (usually this is the other way round). 

I think the watts issue is a bit of a distraction. There are lots of happy users of this amp, and I've yet to find anyone that says it feels underpowered in real life scenarios. Most criticisms centre around taste of sound as above. It looks and sounds great to me, with the limited time I've had with it. 

• 1 month later...