Marc S

FS. Limelight PJ Precision, faded Fiesta Red, J profile neck.
£800
CARDIFF

This one is really going to hurt - But The "cull" must continue, sadly - I need to reduce the amount of "stuff" I own, and thin my collection (although this need has lessened a little lately).

For sale only is my Limelight medium relic Precision, in faded Fiesta Red. This really is a superbly built bass, as anyone who knows Mark's work really is.
NOTE: This bass has a Jazz width neck (which is what I asked Mark for)

I don't know what pickups Mark uses in his Limelight range - but they sound superb.... the bass has a lovely warm vintage tone. It weighs around 4kg (I can get an accurate weight later, if you need one) it's strung with Round wounds, which are in pretty good shape (I put flats on it for a while, but have recently put the rounds back on it)

I don't have a case or spare gigbag, so you will need to bring your own. Collection only - or we can meet somewhere mutually convenient -  I have an excellent Bose Battery powered amp, or Vox Amp Headphones for you to listen to the bass. 

20171227_115403.jpg

20171227_115434.jpg

20171227_115338.jpg

20171227_115421.jpg

IMG_20190206_181408856.jpg

• Like 8

Looks like he winds his own pickups.. Info in the thread here and other links.

GLWTS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbu09 said:

Looks like he winds his own pickups.. Info in the thread here and other links.

GLWTS

That could indeed be the case. As a matter of interest (well, to someone maybe lol) I bought a pickup from him, to fit to another bass.
The improvement in the sound from that bass was really noticeable too. Cheers

31 minutes ago, Marc S said:

I bought a pickup from him, to fit to another bass.
The improvement in the sound from that bass was really noticeable too. Cheers

What pickup did it replace?

4 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

What pickup did it replace?

It replaced a Mex Fender pickup.

Oh that’s a stunner.. watching the pennies this month or I’d be tempted... GLWTS.. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.