Why become a member? ×

SOLD! REDUCED 429 posted! Sire V7 2nd Generation Sherwood Green 5 string - I'll throw in a case!
£469
Liverpool / London

biro

Hi all,

Some time back I decided that I wanted to try the 5 string Jazz thing again. It did not work for me: I like 5 and 6 string basses just as much as the next guy, but not if they are Fender-like. Makes complete sense, doesn't it? Well, that's my story anyways. So I think I am going to buy another one of these, but 4 string. 

Hence the decision to list this beauty. I have absolutely no complaints about this instrument. The fretwork is top notch, the rolled edges of the fingerboard are something to lust over, and the colour is fantastic (especially with a zebra-print strap, which I can strongly recommend). The tone is stellar, but we all know that by now. The weight, too, is decent on this one: 4.7 kilograms on ye olde bathroom scale. Bought from Andertons a couple of months back, obviously never gigged and set up with extra care by yours truly. Not only that, but I also did some necessary set up, such as filing the nut to the correct height—so you don’t have to. 

The bass is effectively new, so why not knock 100 quid off the list price?

The specs are listed below. Of note, this is a 2nd generation iteration, which is great because the radius is much less extreme than the original 7.25", which drove me crazy. For the connoisseurs, there is some very nice birdseye figuring on the maple fretboard, which is a thing of beauty. I have tried to capture it, but it's not so easy. 

Trades: thanks, but no thanks, unless you have a USA Stingray 5H with an Alnico pick up which you are willing to part with (of course, the difference in trade value would be compensated).

Offers: open to reasonable ones, but, really, the bass is new. 

Specifications
Body

Body Material: Swamp Ash / North American Alder
Pickguard: Ivory Pearl  / Tortoise
Neck
Neck Material: 1 Piece Hard Maple
Neck Shape: C-Shape
Scale: 34”
Fingerboard: Hard Maple / Ebony
Fingerboard Radius: 9.5”
Frets: Medium, 20 Frets
String Nut: Natural Bone
Inlay: WH Pearloid Block
Neck Joint: 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate
Electronics
Pickups: Marcus Super Jazz Advanced
Electronics: Marcus Heritage - 3 with Middle-Frequency Control
Controls: Volume / Tone (Dual Pot), Pickup Blender, Treble, Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot), Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive )
Hardware
Knobs: Jazz Type Black Plastic
Bridge: Heavy Mass Standard
Tuning Gear: Premium Open-Gear
Hardware Finish: Chrome

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6246.jpg

Edited by biro
  • Like 5