Why become a member? ×

DHA DI-EQ good 9v power supply?

fatback

Hi all.

I've been digging out old gear and just found my pristine DHA DI-EQ. Can't find the power supply though, and only just discovered that the wonderful Dave Hall has passed away.

I know Dave was very fussy about the p/s he recommended for his kit. Any idea how I tell a good 9v p/s and what the rating should be? I haven't a clue.

Thanks for your help. :)  

They sound better with a 12v supply, but will run on 9v quite happily. 
Either 9 or 12v, at least 500mA and centre positive (unless it’s one of the newer ones).

These pedals need a hefty amount of current, so 500mA is a comfortable amount.

Edited by paul_5

Great, thanks!
I've got a 12v Dave recommended to me for the VT1 Bass Ice valve pre. I could use that for the mo.
In my ignorance, I was afraid 12v would blow up the DI-Eq. :)
I could then try to get a similar 12v to the one Dave specced for me.  

I've not gigged the electric for several years, since I got into upright. I'd forgotten what fun pedals are.

I've got a VT1 EQ DI. I have always believed they require 12V 1200mA. While there are individual plug power supplies, does anyone know any power brick type supplies that can give this? What are you using with a DHA unit?

2 hours ago, NAS Bass said:

I've got a VT1 EQ DI. I have always believed they require 12V 1200mA. While there are individual plug power supplies, does anyone know any power brick type supplies that can give this? What are you using with a DHA unit?

I’m using a Donner DP2 from Amazon - cheap as chips and will power the DHA as well as all my other pedals. Obviously I’m using the voltage inverter, but it’s fine and noise free - the only issue is that the brick won’t power up with the DHA attached; it doesn’t like seeing a huge current drain on startup, so I just wait until all of the lights come on, then plug the DHA in and it’s fine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NAS Bass said:

My DHA DI-EQ isn't a VTI, so I guess that's why it's marked 9v. My VTI Bass Ice is definitely 12v.
What good little boxes these are. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paul_5 said:

I’m using a Donner DP2 from Amazon - cheap as chips and will power the DHA as well as all my other pedals. Obviously I’m using the voltage inverter, but it’s fine and noise free - the only issue is that the brick won’t power up with the DHA attached; it doesn’t like seeing a huge current drain on startup, so I just wait until all of the lights come on, then plug the DHA in and it’s fine.

Interesting - not seen those before

Hmmm, the Bob the blender .pdf describes reverse polarity protection and a center positive connector. Does this mean the pedal will work with incorrect polarity? I ask because I checked what power supply I received with my VT1 Pro Bass Drive. The previous owner has reversed the polarity, but the power supply indicates center positive? Can anyone advise??

CCD21EEB-ED03-475D-AC2D-11EE94BA9F3D.jpeg

8C0DDF8A-3444-4EFC-8684-28B798BD2401.jpeg

16 hours ago, jbu09 said:

Hmmm, the Bob the blender .pdf describes reverse polarity protection and a center positive connector. Does this mean the pedal will work with incorrect polarity? I ask because I checked what power supply I received with my VT1 Pro Bass Drive. The previous owner has reversed the polarity, but the power supply indicates center positive? Can anyone advise??

CCD21EEB-ED03-475D-AC2D-11EE94BA9F3D.jpeg

8C0DDF8A-3444-4EFC-8684-28B798BD2401.jpeg

Gonna answer my own question... The inner of the connector (built into the unit) is center positive... er go the power supply shall be center negative... Doh!