Why become a member? ×

Eich 110XS-4 Cabinet vs Barefaced one10t vs Genzler 10-2?

bas_anton

Hi

I´m donwsizing my rig. I had a Markbass Supercombo K1. But now almost every gig is IEM.. So the Supercombo is just too big for practice at home. 

So now i´m looking for a new small rig. I recently picked up a Genzler Magellan 350 and now need a cab for it. 

Main purpose is practice at home and with a musical drummer and the occasional gig in a coffeshop, church or small other setting. Otherwise i have PA-support. I´m used to the big full sound from the supercombo. I realise that I can´t get that from a small cab. But i really like it to have a small footprint.

So please tell me of your experiences and side by side comparisons of the Eich, Genzler, Barefaced or any other cab that fits my wishlist. I´m not stuck on 110. Phil jones 5 or 112 is ok, but I´d like it to be a small cab. (Barefaced seems really good but if the Eich stacks up well then the additonal customs and VAT since brexit is a pity..)

Edited by bas_anton

I’ve not had Eich cabs, but I did have TecAmp cabs. The first I had was the L115 which I thought sounded great. The later, silver faced smaller cabs I really didn’t gel with (S and XS).

If the current Eich cabs are still basically the same as the last TecAmp branded ones, IMHO Barefaced are a big step up.

• Like 1

You mention PJB. I like their cabs a lot (I have 5). A C4 would be good for the uses you describe - practice at home and with a musical drummer and the occasional gig in a coffeeshop, church or small other setting. It's a 12 inch cube, although not the lightest cab in the world and capable of surprising volume. I would advise trying them before buying, unless it's really impossible.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 18:55, bas_anton said:

Main purpose is practice at home and with a musical drummer and the occasional gig in a coffeshop, church or small other setting. Otherwise i have PA-support. I´m used to the big full sound from the supercombo. I realise that I can´t get that from a small cab. But i really like it to have a small footprint.

I like the fact that the drummer being musical is worth mentioning 😁

• Haha 1