Why become a member? ×

NPD: Malekko B:Assmaster

bassist_lewis

This arrived on my doorstep this afternoon. I've admired Malekko for a long time, especially this pedal. I've only had a short blast on it, but it sounds predictably brilliant. The knobs and switches interact with each other in very interesting ways, and of course it looks great. It also came with plastic teeth inside... apparently a feature of the original Brassmaster.

20210430_151814.jpg

20210430_152001.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

This arrived on my doorstep this afternoon. I've admired Malekko for a long time, especially this pedal. I've only had a short blast on it, but it sounds predictably brilliant. The knobs and switches interact with each other in very interesting ways, and of course it looks great. It also came with plastic teeth inside... apparently a feature of the original Brassmaster.

20210430_151814.jpg

20210430_152001.jpg

It’s a great pedal and as you allude to there are a  range of sounds from very interesting to mouth agape as you tweak away. I ended up moving mine on, but only because it takes up a fair bit of board real estate and was only an ‘occasionally on’ pedal in the context of my band. So much fun to be had with it though. And yes, the touch with the teeth is v. cool. Enjoy!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

It’s a great pedal and as you allude to there are a  range of sounds from very interesting to mouth agape as you tweak away. I ended up moving mine on, but only because it takes up a fair bit of board real estate and was only an ‘occasionally on’ pedal in the context of my band. So much fun to be had with it though. And yes, the touch with the teeth is v. cool. Enjoy!

I messed around with it for a good hour last night. It sounds AMZING with the Moog, proper 70s Stevie Wonder synth tones 😍 However, I also don't know how often I'll use it... luckily I have an originals band where I write most of the material 😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

The Diabolik is basically a smaller version of this with fewer controls. Best synths/gated fuzz I’ve tried, would love to try a B:Assmaster too!

If you have the spare cash it's totally worth it in my opinion. There's also the Latent Lemon Audio Brassmaster, which is a clone of the Maestro pedal of the same name, and about £100 cheaper. I have one, which I could now be persuaded to move on...