Why become a member? ×

Fender fretless MIM

On 30/04/2021 at 17:05, TheGreek said:

A Mexican Fender would sell for around £300??? I think anything around that is a fair price considering the upgraded pups/ bridge.

I don't see any Mexican Fenders going for that little these days, many are being sold north of £600.00 on eBay, which is more than they cost new.

People seem to be selling CV Squiers for more than they cost too. There's a worldwide shortage of guitars and basses right now, and since the MIM were axed and the new more expensive Player series was introduced, there's a lack of new instruments in the £500-600 price range too.

If Mexican and Chinese instruments are going for such silly prices, I can only imagine the prices for S/H USA basses are getting pushed up too. I hope they come down again once production figures get back to normal after the pandemic, as I'm after a Jazz for my Zep tribute, and right now it's silly money!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Ooo Thanks! Off to have a word with the b̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶a̶g̶e̶r̶ missus!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Just bought the eBay jazz, thanks for the heads up TheGreek!! ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheGreek said:

JOOI what was your best offer?

£475.00 which was a bit steep still, but there you go.... Since then it's had a Fender Hi Mass bridge (the saddles move sideways on the Mex ones, which is frankly, pants), a tortie guard, CTS pots, switchcraft jack socket, Orange Drop cap (pots were worn and crackly) and I have some swanky Fralin pups to put in it. It's also getting a bridge pickup rout to USA spec and a level, crown and polish next week as the frets were pretty worn. The body and neck are solid though. Maybe should have bought a more expensive bass from the start, but I do like to upgrade things. I also like to remind myself why I don't usually buy things from eBay.........