Why become a member? ×

Old British rock foxes

peteb

So, one of the bands I’m in has a new album due to drop in two days and is currently out for review on all the European websites covering the genre (AOR). We have had a number of reviews, including this pretty comprehensive, generally positive and balanced one (you may have to use Google Translate to translate to English from the original Swedish if you click on the review)! You have to love the translation from the original language.

I particularly like the description of us as “old British rock foxes” and that we have “not really managed to enter the A or B teams in the genre” and that we are “much like Notts County in the British football league two”. I’m quite chuffed that they haven’t put us down as non-league…!! 

https://themaloikrockblog.se/recension/ny-skivrecension-escape-fire-in-the-sky/?fbclid=IwAR2VAX0j1TIE5mIt5VQYeYP1XihYHK7ocCCz-t3ZDR5Cd7rJjkRZ7fteXdM

Edited by peteb
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, KevB said:

If they are as knowledgeable about music as football I don't think you have much to worry about.

I looked up Notts County and saw that they were relegated from the League 2 a couple of years ago! 

4 minutes ago, itu said:

Var stannar du i bilden... sorry, where do you stand in the photo?

Far right - with the beard and lockdown hair...!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KevB said:

The name of your guitarist rung a bell, I'm sure I saw him play in Bob Catley's band on a solo gig so rather a notch or two up from 'non league' status. Hope it goes well Pete.

Thanks Kev. 

Vince recorded a couple of albums with Bob and was in his live solo band for several years during Magnum's hiatus. Irvin (the keys player) was also involved with BC for a while.