Why become a member? ×

It's a bit green...Charvel content

Old Horse Murphy

17 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Thanks chaps. The more I play it, the more impressed I am with it, especially for the price point it's at. 

Sadly the retailer I bought it from hasn't got the blue in stock anymore, or the green for that matter so exchanging it isn't an option. Given how well it plays though I think I'll hang on to it, even if it looks like one of Shrek's relations. 

Andertons suggest they may have more in in a couple of weeks if you do change your mind and want to return it:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/bass-dept/bass-guitars/modern-bass-guitars/charvel-pro-mod-bass-sd-pj-iv-in-mystic-blue

I like the green though...

On 30/04/2021 at 19:18, Old Horse Murphy said:

Ahem 😉

I had forgotten why it was I found myself happily lost in YouTube videos of 80s Charvels eg

Those videos are always improved by being in a language you don't understand. My favourite is a Spanish bassist demoing Yamahas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

I had forgotten why it was I found myself happily lost in YouTube videos of 80s Charvels eg

Those videos are always improved by being in a language you don't understand. My favourite is a Spanish bassist demoing Yamahas.

Totally agree. Not being able to understand inane drivel in another language is a gift!

• Haha 2

On 27/04/2021 at 18:03, Old Horse Murphy said:

I ordered one of those new Charvel PJ's last week and it arrived safely today.

Upon opening it however, I was shocked to see that it was the metallic lime green version, not the blue one. The shop had clearly messed up. Well, when I say that, what I mean is I ordered the wrong one...

16FB7485-0394-446F-A2AB-04A2994ABD93.jpeg

220BE4D8-6412-4767-BFEB-9D045F2A83B8.jpeg

ED924032-9753-4FD9-9696-0D572908C706.jpeg

The "Key lime pie" bass!! I actually love it 😁