Why become a member? ×

It's a bit green...Charvel content

Old Horse Murphy

I ordered one of those new Charvel PJ's last week and it arrived safely today.

Upon opening it however, I was shocked to see that it was the metallic lime green version, not the blue one. The shop had clearly messed up. Well, when I say that, what I mean is I ordered the wrong one...

16FB7485-0394-446F-A2AB-04A2994ABD93.jpeg

220BE4D8-6412-4767-BFEB-9D045F2A83B8.jpeg

ED924032-9753-4FD9-9696-0D572908C706.jpeg

• Like 18

Charvel have really upped their game over the last few years.

They've obvously not forgotten their rock and metal origins but I think the more recent models of both bass and guitars have potentially a much broader appeal.

• Like 1

I like that a lot. Interesting & unusual to see a reverse P on a P/J and I'm sufficiently stuck in the 70s to really like the cream covers on the DiMarzios. Haven't seen the blue but that green's awesome!

Think I like it because it's Triumph Roulette Green!

d8907eb8edadf707c2b8e366e1fa5427.jpg

Edited by Bassassin
  • Like 1

Thanks chaps. The more I play it, the more impressed I am with it, especially for the price point it's at. 

Sadly the retailer I bought it from hasn't got the blue in stock anymore, or the green for that matter so exchanging it isn't an option. Given how well it plays though I think I'll hang on to it, even if it looks like one of Shrek's relations. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Thanks chaps. The more I play it, the more impressed I am with it, especially for the price point it's at. 

Sadly the retailer I bought it from hasn't got the blue in stock anymore, or the green for that matter so exchanging it isn't an option. Given how well it plays though I think I'll hang on to it, even if it looks like one of Shrek's relations. 

I think black pickup covers would balance it out 🤨

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bassassin said:

I like that a lot. Interesting & unusual to see a reverse P on a P/J and I'm sufficiently stuck in the 70s to really like the cream covers on the DiMarzios. Haven't seen the blue but that green's awesome!

Think I like it because it's Triumph Roulette Green!

d8907eb8edadf707c2b8e366e1fa5427.jpg

Thank you Jon, thats the colour I've been looking for to paint my Street Twin!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, three said:

Absolutely love it - not usually a fan of green basses but this is spectacular. I see that these are listed at a weight of 5.13kg (about 11lbs) which sounds a bit much - can any owners advise?

I'd say it's around 9lbs.

I've made an executive decision and it's staying. I can live with the lime!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I'd say it's around 9lbs.

I've made an executive decision and it's staying. I can live with the lime!

Thanks, OHM - 'sounds much more like it - maybe Charvel are including the weight of the packaging.  Very pleased to hear of your decision too - I think it looks fabulous, and I've always been a fan of Di Marzio pickups and the company's cream covers.  I'd love a go on one of these - very tempted even though I'm sworn to short-scale these days

• Like 1