Why become a member? ×

Harvest Orange Stingray available

FDC484950

Now available from Music Man. It looked a nice colour on the Bongo and transfers well to the Stingray. Not sure how the online store works as it appears to be shipping from the US, but taxes are added? Do these go through the distributor in the UK or are they direct to the buyer?

Price for the 5HH comes out at £2,771.91 inc UPS shipping :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that. Cool stuff. I tried it out, all the way, well except for putting in my card details 😉 

Total costs for the HH model: £2671.49 

Cart Subtotal (1 item): £2057.72 GBP
UPS Expedited: £77.91 GBP
Duties and taxes: £535.86 GBP

Order Total:

£2671.49 GBP

Guaranteed Total Landed Cost! - No additional VAT or Duties will be applied to your order.

That's more than £300 cheaper than a regular Stingray Special HH here in the UK (e.g.: £2999 for the Raspberry finish at BD) and it comes with an ebony FB and a matching headstock. So, I guess I will keep an eye on the Vault and maybe, one day, they will have a Stingray Special HH with a natural finish and black hardware (like Timmy C's Ray). 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Thanks for that. Cool stuff. I tried it out, all the way, well except for putting in my card details 😉 

Total costs for the HH model: £2671.49 

Cart Subtotal (1 item): £2057.72 GBP
UPS Expedited: £77.91 GBP
Duties and taxes: £535.86 GBP

Order Total:

£2671.49 GBP

Guaranteed Total Landed Cost! - No additional VAT or Duties will be applied to your order.

That's more than £300 cheaper than a regular Stingray Special HH here in the UK (e.g.: £2999 for the Raspberry finish at BD) and it comes with an ebony FB and a matching headstock. So, I guess I will keep an eye on the Vault and maybe, one day, they will have a Stingray Special HH with a natural finish and black hardware (like Timmy C's Ray). 

It was one of the most recent Timmy C videos that made me buy the Special hah! 

• Like 1

sooo... I really dislike that fin
ish on the stingray special or 5 ... 
but it looks nice on the bongo - it seems to burst to brown on the edge - whereas the rays burst to black on further in. 

But hey ho - we don't all need to like thee same thing do we? 

176265337_10159499562836340_731785014363 

Just can't get over how prices have sky-rocketed on MM stuff. The last StingRay I had was a mint 2008 I sold for $800. Perhaps the market and mindset will adjust but these prices are off the charts. Anyway, had several Rays when they were affordable. Enjoyed them but found them a little limited. Some say they are one trick ponies but if so, it' a good trick. So if people are willing to pay these prices, on with the show; reluctantly I am unable to participate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sibob said:

That's one dusty/dry looking fretboard!

Si

The fretboard on these is ebony - it's probably the lighting (to bring out the sparkle) that makes it look like that. My Ray Specials (both ebony boards) range from looking shiny to dry dependent on light.  Only the neck (not fretboard) is roasted 😀

On 27 April 2021 at 21:37, LukeFRC said:

sooo... I really dislike that fin
ish on the stingray special or 5 ... 
but it looks nice on the bongo - it seems to burst to brown on the edge - whereas the rays burst to black on further in. 

But hey ho - we don't all need to like thee same thing do we? 

176265337_10159499562836340_731785014363 

I think that looks great - it will be the lighting in the Stingray pictures which makes the edge look black - I have a blue dawn Stingray that is a metallic turquoise blue burst - the edges vary between appearing black, dark blue or purple dependent on the angle and intensity of the light. 

That harvest orange looks great with the transition to brown on the Bongo. 

Edited by drTStingray
  • Like 2

I  like this finish much better on the Bongo than the Stingray. But on the Bongo the blacked-out pole pieces on the pickups ruin it for me. Those MM humbuckers are iconic, and I want to see the big round magnet slugs.

Is it just me, or have EBMM decided to make most of their new basses look like the kind of thing that Bruno Mars bass player would use at the Grammy's, i.e a kind of nouveau-Liberace glitz that really won't age well. Other folks seem to love it, but I am not keen at all.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Misdee said:

Is it just me, or have EBMM decided to make most of their new basses look like the kind of thing that Bruno Mars bass player would use at the Grammy's, i.e a kind of nouveau-Liberace glitz that really won't age well. Other folks seem to love it, but I am not keen at all.

Fully agree, way too much bling for my taste. Really hope the new HH "Kingpin" that they will launch in July will be without bling. It will be black but please without any flakes, glitter etc.  

• Like 1

EBMM really do the most awesome sparkle finishes around! There have been numerous throughout the years, and most have been incredible. I owned a 2003 (I think) SR5 in Autumn Redburst sparkle and it really was a thing of beauty. I traded it for @Bonin-in-the boneyard's Status S2 Classic 5-string. No regrets, but the anthracite finish on that isn't quite as nice... 

1655273710_SR5autumnredburst1.jpg.1cb4d04f863cd0ddd48f84b5943bea39.jpg

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Misdee said:

What is this new Kingpin of which you speak? Tell us more! 😯

Over at TB, Scott Ball wrote in late April:

"I think we have two basses next drop that bling... Kingpin - Stingray 4 and Crescendo - Bongo 5."

Someone then asked when these would be shown and Scott answered:

"July. Stingray 4 HH Kingpin is "Black". Crescendo Bongo 5 HH is "White"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Over at TB, Scott Ball wrote in late April:

"I think we have two basses next drop that bling... Kingpin - Stingray 4 and Crescendo - Bongo 5."

Someone then asked when these would be shown and Scott answered:

"July. Stingray 4 HH Kingpin is "Black". Crescendo Bongo 5 HH is "White"

These sound interesting (especially the Bongo). Let’s hope they’re available via The Vault!! 

• Like 1