Why become a member? ×

Effect pedal not working

SteveXFR

I've got an Orange Two Stroke boost /eq pedal which isn't working. 

The light comes on when I press the switch but no sound comes through whether it's on or off. 

I've removed it from the pedal board so it's isolated and there's nothing. I hear a little pop as I switch the effect on or off but that's it.

Is it likely to be repairable or worth repairing?

No sound on or off means that the problem will be to do with the 'off board' wiring rather than the pedal circuitry itself, so probably not too tricky to solve. 

I'd open it up and check if any wiring to the jacks or footswitch look unusual with loose connections.   

Edited by foxyFuze

2 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

I don't think it's the switch as there would still be a clean signal through the pedal when the effect is off. It's also switching the indicator light on and off.

IF it's 'mechanical' bypass via the switch (a 3 pole - 9 pins switch) it could have one pole faulty; this would fit the symptoms. Try shorting across the switch.

If it's all done electronically on the main board then it's something else...  😉 FET or opamp failure or possible just a dry joint.

• Like 1