Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic Sub 'n' Up Mini - battery power?

ped

Can this pedal be powered by battery? it says so in the manual, but everything online says it can't be, and the rear plate of the pedal isn't user friendly to remove (using torx screws!). I'm guessing they've left in the section from the full sized pedal in the mini manual?

Cheers

image.png

image.png

4 minutes ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

The TC mini pedals are PSU only - there's no space for a battery

Thought so. Weird! I do have pedals that size which fit a battery though but perhaps they’re a bit taller. 

1 hour ago, naxos10 said:

Would this option be any help ped? Not a battery in the unit but powered from a powerbank.

MyVolts

Thanks, yes I have seen those and similar power bank devices. Honestly I rather like the simplicity of an internal battery when the situation allows. There's something nice and gadgety about it and decent designs can achieve super battery life with plenty of headroom if it's in the brief (for example my EWS Stormy Bass Drive  which sounds amazing; it steps the 9V to 16 and still draws only 15mA and all inside a TINY enclosure)

I only really use effects at home for messing about so the simplicity of plug 'n' play is a bonus. I've been using my 3Leaf Wonderlove for weeks now with a 9v batt on a short cable external to the pedal and it's working really well!

Fairly illogical I know but it stops me being so much I suppose

IMG_7493.jpegIMG_7494.jpeg

• Like 2