Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Squier Classic Vibe 60’s Precision
£480
London N1

Scoopdude

For sale is my rather lovely Squier P in sonic blue:- 

- Fender 3 ply white pickguard

- Original bridge “ashtray” cover, thumb rest / tug bar (classic of the 60’s era),

- Rosewood fretboard,

- Maple neck

- Fender hi-mass bridge for increased sustain.

I have only had this bass for a month and it has only had one previous owner. Reason for sale is that I've got a real hankering to get an early 70's P or probably more likely an American Professional II, I've been playing bass nearly 18 years now, recently turned 30, it's just time to get the bass I actually really want!!

That being said these early Classic Vibe P's are wonderful, I actually performed my entire 3rd year Jazz recital on one years ago. Early models such as this one feature a rosewood neck as opposed to the cheaper alternatives on newer models, not to mention the hi mass bridge which is a really nice touch.

Such a lovely finish, easily holds it's own against for more expensive models both in sound and looks - and rather sought after these days due their quality and the fact they are now discontinued. 

Currently string with a pretty old set of D'addario chromes for instant Jamerson/Pino vibe.

A few minor dings as can be seen in photos.

Collection in person within a reasonable distance of N1 London.

Here’s something I recorded a week or so ago.

IMG_9418.jpg

IMG_9403.jpg

IMG_9410.jpg

IMG_9411.jpg

IMG_9412.jpg

IMG_9413.jpg

IMG_9414.jpg

IMG_9415.jpg

IMG_9416.jpg

IMG_9417.jpg

IMG_9419.jpg

IMG_9420.jpg

IMG_9421.jpg

Edited by Scoopdude
  • Like 4

I remember playing one of these when they first came out, back when I also owned a '63 P. I was amazed at just how good the Squier was, really comfortable to play, very similar to my genuine, vintage one. In short, great basses. GLWTS

• Like 1

• MB1 locked this topic