Why become a member? ×

Waves plugins for $29.99 this weekend.

dave_bass5

Just a heads up, they have 20 of them for $29.99 each. I just got Vocal Rider for £21. Which is a bargain IMO. Most places seem to have them for this so it might not be exclusive for this weekend after all, but still a good bargain. 

https://www.waves.com/best-sellers#sort:path~type~order=.default-order~number~asc|views:view=grid-view|paging:currentPage=0|paging:number=20

Edited by dave_bass5

Waves plugins are kind of like DFS sofas in that they're always on sale. Sign up for their emails. If you don't get at least 3 a week with some form of discount then I'd be surprised.

They are of course very good as I use quite a few myself.

• Like 1

I didn’t realise that. I made a promise to myself to stick with the stock Cubase plugins for as long as I cold, but after seeing Vocal Rider in action i wanted it. It was very expensive when i first looked so didnt think any more of it until today. 

14 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I didn’t realise that. I made a promise to myself to stick with the stock Cubase plugins for as long as I cold, but after seeing Vocal Rider in action i wanted it. It was very expensive when i first looked so didnt think any more of it until today. 

To be fair, I sold them short. Last week I got 9 emails.

As a rule of thumb, using stock plugins will save so much RAM you wouldn't believe. I tend to use stock Cubase plugins myself for the obvious things like delays and reverbs, but for like the SSL emulations or character type compressors, you kind of have to go elsewhere.

• Like 1

Blimey, you were spot on with the emails. Ive had to put a block on them already. 

I really do want to stick with the stock plugins, and cant really see anything missing from them,  and ive not got to the point where i find i want something with a different colour etc, but i couldn’t find anything like Vocal Rider and i figured it would be a good time saver for £21. 

I’ve bought a few Waves plugins recently, including the scheps omni channel, which is sooooo good! Can’t believe it was 20 odd quid considering the list of producers that have endorsed and created patches for it!

The only thing that slightly irritates is the fact that they update the versions, so you're paying to able to do that. Otherwise you're stuck with a version which may not work after you update Windows or whatever mac's run. Hence the low cost of the plugins per se. Also there's so many of them to choose from.

The SSL channel strips are great as is the 1176, CLA and SSL compressors. I use them all for different things. Depends what you like really.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dood said:

I’ve bought a few Waves plugins recently, including the scheps omni channel, which is sooooo good! Can’t believe it was 20 odd quid considering the list of producers that have endorsed and created patches for it!

Noooooo, you always get me to buy stuff, and now ive gone and looked at that.......😁

ill give the demo a go tonight and see how useful it will be. I did get the demo of CLA Vocals but didnt find much, or anything, i couldn't do already. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Noooooo, you always get me to buy stuff, and now ive gone and looked at that.......😁

ill give the demo a go tonight and see how useful it will be. I did get the demo of CLA Vocals but didnt find much, or anything, i couldn't do already. 

I’ve got the CLA signature set, except the Mixdown plug-in. For some things they’re brilliant but I do sometimes reach for Toontrack’s EZMix and the artist packs for creative mixing.

I’m also part of the UnitedPlugins fam’ and there’s some really good tools available from them too. MAutoAlign is one of my favourites utilities right now and the Fire Suite mastering plugins add a nice dimension too.

• Like 1

I’ve not gotten in to 3rd party really. I wouldn’t know what the differences are between them all without looking them up and being told what it is. Even then id struggle to decide what to use. 
So far still working my way through the stock plugins and even fInding them overwhelming so far. 

2 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I’ve not gotten in to 3rd party really. I wouldn’t know what the differences are between them all without looking them up and being told what it is. Even then id struggle to decide what to use. 
So far still working my way through the stock plugins and even fInding them overwhelming so far. 

In fairness, stock plugins (I use Logic and Mainstage etc) are very good and are more than capable at getting amazing results.. but GAS... lol, you know me only too well! It turned I. To a career path after all ha ha! Sometimes a plug-in or suite of comes along and just makes sense or makes my life so much easier. MAutoAlign fixes problems with phasing when recording multiple instruments (like a whole drum kit) - which is brilliant as it saves me so much time. So, I mean, I like plugins that speed up my workflow ha ha! Or sound epic immediately (Scheps Omni sounds SO good for bass).

I’ll try not to make your wallet wince and stop typing now :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dood said:

In fairness, stock plugins (I use Logic and Mainstage etc) are very good and are more than capable at getting amazing results.. but GAS... lol, you know me only too well! It turned I. To a career path after all ha ha! Sometimes a plug-in or suite of comes along and just makes sense or makes my life so much easier. MAutoAlign fixes problems with phasing when recording multiple instruments (like a whole drum kit) - which is brilliant as it saves me so much time. So, I mean, I like plugins that speed up my workflow ha ha! Or sound epic immediately (Scheps Omni sounds SO good for bass).

I must admit, I sort phasing issues in tracking. Of course, if I get handed a session where that stuff is a mess, it's nice to have a few plugins to fix it. Or just fix it with a critical listen and some patience if you don't have an instant fix.

10 hours ago, Erax Sound said:

I must admit, I sort phasing issues in tracking. Of course, if I get handed a session where that stuff is a mess, it's nice to have a few plugins to fix it. Or just fix it with a critical listen and some patience if you don't have an instant fix.

Yes, don't get me wrong, I can do it manually yahda yahda, and there are the benefits of that, but for the piece of work I do which usually needs it, I don't get paid enough to warrant the time for manual editing. Well, there's a balance to be had, I still care about the overall quality. :)

16 hours ago, Dood said:

).

Well i am £21 lighter because of you, but i feel i got off lightly lol, 

I’d never heard of Andrew Sheps or the Omni channel before you mentioned them. I did see it in the list but as CB has she a good channel strip already i didnt pay any attention to it. 

After downloading the demo last night and having a play, I ended up using it on 3 tracks (Bass, vocals and lead guitar). As you say, its a time saver. I had various plugins already loaded but disabled most of them (EQ’s and Comps mainly) and used the Omnibus channel. It seems very easy to use, and for £21 i thought it was worth getting. I’m not sure ill use it all the time, but i love what I’m hearing. 

My only concern is Cubase has become a bit more unstable since Saturday. This was when i started using Wavs plugins. I’m not saying it’s because of them, but its still a coincidence. Ill keep an eye on things. CB is the most unstable program ive ever used, and can quite easily  take my whole PC down without me doing anything with it, so anything that adds to this wont get used. 

Edited by dave_bass5