Why become a member? ×

SOLD EBMM Starry Night Stingray PDN
£1450
Rotherham

martthebass

Here we have a superb example of a Stingray PDN special edition (2017/18) 4H. This was obtained off BC in a trade and was originally intended for use in my Glam Rock tribute band due to it’s erm....subdued paintwork.  Alas it hasn’t been used in this function as I tend to find my Mustangs more suitable for this job (and the Mikey Way sig is glitter tastic also) and for ‘long scale’ use I tend to favour my Sterling as I prefer the neck profile.

The camera struggles to capture how awesome the pearlescent large flake paintwork is; this is in excellent condition and has just one tiny 2mm blip on the upper bout which was there when I obtained it.  There is also a small purely cosmetic mark on the top of the headstock where it no doubt encountered a cymbal or some such. 

The neck is roasted Birdseye maple with a gorgeous dark ebony  board with stainless steel frets. I love the stainless frets so much I had these installed on my Sterling when I had the neck refinished.

I did put this up for sale about a year ago but what with the pandemic and no giggage it was put on the back burner.  Hopefully now a meet up would be as I would prefer not to post unless the buyer arranged courier and accepted responsibility.

I'd prefer a straight sale as I am looking at the sale funding a new Status, however I would consider a 4 string (preferably headless) Status in a similarly excellent condition with cash either way depending on the bass. 

SRay1.jpg

SRay2.jpg

SRay3.jpg

SRay4.jpg

SRay5.jpg

SRay6.jpg

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 9