Why become a member? ×

I can't work out if this is for real or a send-up?

Wes Scantlin has had personal problems for well over a decade. Having seen videos of previous meltdowns, on stage rants, bad lip-syncing and heard first hand stories of disastrous behaviour on their UK tour in 2016, I have never been able to watch the video as I felt like making fun of it would be just kicking a guy when he is already down. 

In terms of the band, a few tracks on the first album were  alright, but it was very much safe, highly polished post-grunge stuff and didn't leave much of a lasting impression on me as a teenager. 

• Like 1

Ah poor Wes Scantlin, seems there's no love for him on the www. I read his reaction to all the comments on YT which suggest he wasn't trying to take the p out of Kurt Cobain's singing style as I'd originally half thought. Add to that Puddle of Mudd has long been derided as one of the worst Johnny-come-lately second wave 'grunge' bands. 

I saw this clip a couple of years ago and I watched the whole thing. I was just so amazed that someone could put in such a poor performance. Amazed as it's on tv but I feel for him as I was the singer in our band and a couple of times over the years I had said to my mate who was the guitarist that I was feeling terrible and we would have to cancel a gig as my throat was goosed. He would say c'mon man, you will be fine blah blah. I would cave and then struggle like hell to reach notes that I normally managed easily. It used to make me angry that I always caved and gave in to peer pressure.

• Like 1