Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Elwood 4a - shell pink - PRICE DROP!! - *SOLD*
£1000
Bristol

aldude

Price dropped to £750!

For sale, my beautiful Maruszczyk Elwood 4a in shell pink.

I don't have a lot of information on this bass I'm afraid, but it was bought second hand in mid-2019 from Bass Direct who was selling it "as new" from someone who had changed their mind.  New it was £1750 as it has various options, though I don't know what they were and the original listing as since been removed.

It's a great bass though and the colour is quite something!  It's in great condition with very little to speak of apart from a little bit of wear round the pickups where my thumb presumably goes.  So there's a little light ageing at no extra cost :)

Photos can be found here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6C4uRyUPPAwg7ZZ6

No trades thanks as I'm going to try and buy back my old bass!  I would rather not post this as I've never posted a bass before, and the thought terrifies me.  So I would prefer a pick up in the Bristol area or deliver/meet within reasonable distance.

Edited by aldude
Sold
  • Like 10

Ah there she is :) 

it’s a great spec worth shouting about if you’re selling .. 

Haussel JJ, John East uni pre 4 

Hipshot ultralites, A-style bridge 18mm 

24 fret, roasted birds eye maple neck, carbon rods, Ebony board 

Swamp ash body, 8lbs ish 

Built Feb 19. 

Was the last 4 string I played.. if I’d specced as 5 would still own it.

Recently found all the documentation , folder etc. Buyer PM me and I’ll stick it in the post. 

• Like 4

Drax you absolute legend!!!  I guess you are the original commissioner of this bass?  Thanks for the spec list, I would have had no idea!  (Save for what I remember, but my memory is terrible.)

And you're right, it plays like a dream, I would definitely keep it if I could, but I am at my limit of the number of basses I'm allowed to own!

2 hours ago, aldude said:

Drax you absolute legend!!!  I guess you are the original commissioner of this bass?  Thanks for the spec list, I would have had no idea!  (Save for what I remember, but my memory is terrible.)

And you're right, it plays like a dream, I would definitely keep it if I could, but I am at my limit of the number of basses I'm allowed to own!

No worries - yep was my build and sold thru BD far too soon after receiving.. ! Gigged it a few times and it was an absolute cracker. Sold on to fund a GAS attack.. standard. Glad it's been much loved. Have PM'd you. 

Some backstory - the bass started life as matte black. I didn't appreciate the default Maruszczyk matte finish is without grain filler, and to me it looked and felt like a 1980's MFI sideboard. Terry Chapman (TJC Guitars) did the excellent refin. He's the reason the M logo is parrallel with the tuners, not the neck :)

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • aldude changed the title to Maruszczyk Elwood 4a - shell pink - PRICE DROP!!
  • 2 months later...
  • aldude changed the title to Sold!! - Maruszczyk Elwood 4a - shell pink - PRICE DROP!!