Why become a member? ×

Band Name idea (again) Thread

gapiro

I still want to see a new band use Tony Levin’s suggestion of ‘Post Burrito Depression’. However, as has been said, inoffensive and appropriate are what are called for here. Therefore, something along the lines of ‘Celebration Day’, ‘Good Times’ (or Thymes) or ‘Get It On’ would work, albeit dull.

14 hours ago, gapiro said:

The Red Book Band

I quite like this one.  It's memorable, easy to say, and looks good in written form.  It's not cheesy, and doesn't sound like the name of an improvisational comedy troupe.  Having the word 'book' in there will trigger unconscious associations in your clients with booking, professionalism, and maybe the marriage register that you sign during the ceremony.  If there's a little inside reference for you in there, then so much the better.

Only downside I can see is possible associations with Mao's little red book.

Edited by linear

31 minutes ago, RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE said:

Richard duvet and the blankets . 
( replace richard  with the word you're not allowed  to type now ) 

What, Dïck..? It's OK in context; 'Dïck Duvet and The Blankets' is not offensive. :friends:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, linear said:

If there's a little inside reference for you in there, then so much the better.

Only downside I can see is possible associations with Mao's little red book.

Generally Musical Theatre band books come in a red bound book like this: 

YT041 – Behind The 'Bass Chair' In A Professional Orchestra Pit - Bass  Guitar Lessons Online eBassGuitar

I suspect the 'Mao red book' thing might be only with a certain generation though

There are a load of band name generators online, and they seem to do at least as good a job as people do. I liked "Boomerang Highway" last time band name picking was being done, but the rest of the band didn't - it was an omen of things to come :)

Corporate Act (it was a song title in our old band)

Gapiro! (sounds Japanese?)

Dessert Menu

Fun With Your Clothes On

Hitler's Chocolates (couldn't help myself, it's the most evil name I've ever come up with. Adolph apparently was very fond of chocolate. But it sounds bad)

Edited by StickyDBRmf

On 20/04/2021 at 08:25, Cat Burrito said:

Don't go with funny. For that market go with something bland like "Harmony" or "Unity". Bear in mind that a lot of your audience won't be gig going punters, they just want a band that'll play a few songs they know. A name around the love theme would be my recommendation and job done.

There is already a Unity Band - one of Pat Methany’s so quite a big reputation to live up to.