Why become a member? ×

Band Name idea (again) Thread

gapiro

Can I get some ideas for names for a corporate/wedding/function band?

I'm sure its been asked before, but boy is it FUDGING hard to think of an original, unoffensive, bland, band name for corporate gigs?

The guys I'm forming it with are two other pit musicians, so if it has some subtle Musical theatre reference , thats cool

Ideas so far:
Upstage
The Red Book Band
The Interval (s?)
Stage Right

2 hours ago, gapiro said:

I'm sure its been asked before, but boy is it FUDGING hard to think of an original, unoffensive, bland, band name for corporate gigs?

It might be worse than coming up with just a single name.  If you sign up to any agencies, they may ask for your band name to be unique to them (so the punter cannot simply google your band name and try to book directly for cheaper).  So you'll need multiple names...

BTW don't put your band name on the bass drum head (or anywhere else) when you record a promotional video, for this same reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't go with funny. For that market go with something bland like "Harmony" or "Unity". Bear in mind that a lot of your audience won't be gig going punters, they just want a band that'll play a few songs they know. A name around the love theme would be my recommendation and job done.

• Like 3