Why become a member? ×

Marvin

I'm a big Kotzen following, he's a fantastic musician. 

He's teamed up with Adrian Smith from Iron Maiden and they've made an album. It's noting ground breaking but I'm liking it a lot. Adrian Smith has got a pretty decent voice and it's been interesting to hear him doing something different (I wasn't aware of his solo material up until now).

Nicko McBrain appears on one track...nothing against Kotzen who plays most of the drums, but you can clearly tell when a drummer is in the seat.

Anyone else had a listen?

I didn't realise Smiffy was a good singer!  I like it.

I followed Kotzen during his shred days, then sort of lost interest in him after he joined Poison. Fast forward a couple of decades and I got into the Winery Dogs and reacquainted myself with him... I missed a lot of stuff - I'd forgotten what a talented guy he is.

Was never into Kotzen myself, but I acquired one of his signature Telecasters about 12 years ago and it was my main gigging guitar for all that time. Great guitar and in my top favourites that I own, as it has a nice neck profile, chunky and full.

So once I had that guitar I started to look him up.

He has some chops!

Edited by stonevibe

If they were able to back the album up with with some live dates I think this would be create more interest... unfortunately we are where we are.

I note Mr Smith is a keen angler, so he's now been elevated to my 'top favouritist' musicians list of all time.

• Like 1

I would recommend reading his autobiography Monsters of River and Rock.

Lots of early days guitar, angling and other material.

I love his first Asap , silver and gold. Singing is very unique. Also palying on Bruce Dickinson's solo albums guitar work with Roy Z is too work.

Edited by SH73

On 20/04/2021 at 07:48, Marvin said:

If they were able to back the album up with with some live dates I think this would be create more interest... unfortunately we are where we are.

I note Mr Smith is a keen angler, so he's now been elevated to my 'top favouritist' musicians list of all time.

In early days he used to carry maggots on a tour bus

5 hours ago, SH73 said:

I would recommend reading his autobiography Monsters of River and Rock.

Lots of early days guitar, angling and other material.

I love his first Asap , silver and gold. Singing is very unique. Also palying on Bruce Dickinson's solo albums guitar work with Roy Z is too work.

I remember seeing Adrian live with the ASAP donkeys years ago and really liking it. I’ll def check out this new album.