Jump to content
Dov65

Spector Ian Hill ltd Edition:::WITHDRAWN
£1700
Kingdom o Fife

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Well due to continuous issues with arthritis robbing me in my ability to play and walk around as per normal now 😡 i've decided to sell my Ian Hill Spector ltd edition. I'm led to believe there is only 50 models available...don't know if its 25 in white and 25 black or 50 in each. I've lost the article now but it did come from Spector themselves. The bass is an utter powerhouse with the active reverse P pickups well it should be at £2099. I'm keeping one Spector back just to look at hanging up on the wall they really are works of art the craftmanship is superb. Now i don't have a hard case for this but happy to meet up half way anywhere in the UK once wee Nick's said go...so far ive met members in Aberdeen, Oban and a trip over the border to Preston oooo and Carlise. Either that or i can post no problem if a hard case is supplied i wont do it in the gig bag thats "Breaking the Law"  No trades please, UK only and i do have some good feedback. Specs are in one of the pics....cheers

20210418_143245.jpg

20210418_143300.jpg

20210418_143306.jpg

20210418_143322.jpg

20210418_143335.jpg

20210418_143346.jpg

20210418_143352.jpg

20210418_143400.jpg

Edited by Dov65
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely gorgeous (and really sorry to hear of the arthritis - horrible)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Mr T, glad the Jazz never sold now 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mate. So gutted you have to get rid of this... this one looks stunning!!

I have bought two basses off Dov and have found his listings to be 100% accurate, his basses extremely well cared for, and he is a downright gentleman to deal with...buy with confidence!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear about your health issues, Dave. What a bummer ☹️

Your Ian Hill sig looks great and it is indeed a limited edition (50 made in black and 50 in white to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Judas Priest). However, this bass should also be of interest to non JP fans as it not only looks great but also has a fast neck (Ian Hill models have a slim neck, front to back, but with the same nut width as normal Euro and US models, unlike the Doug Wimbish model which has a 1.5'' nut) and unlimited oomph thanks to the Tonepump preamp. Moreover, it has solid maple wings and not the Euro typical alder/walnut/maple or poplar burl sandwich. Finally, the price is super fair, considering it seems to be in mint condition, only a few months old and a new one costs £2.1k. For the £400 you save, you can get yourself the HAzlab 9V preamp and some oval crowns fretboard stickers to turn it into an NS-2 😎 

GLWTS 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just out of curiosity, is the p pickup in the normal spot? It looks like it’s further towards the bridge than normal??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Damonjames said:

Just out of curiosity, is the p pickup in the normal spot? It looks like it’s further towards the bridge than normal??

Its exactly the same size to the split as the 77 bud, i was curious myself so tape came oot

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Sorry to hear about your health issues, Dave. What a bummer ☹️

Your Ian Hill sig looks great and it is indeed a limited edition (50 made in black and 50 in white to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Judas Priest). However, this bass should also be of interest to non JP fans as it not only looks great but also has a fast neck (Ian Hill models have a slim neck, front to back, but with the same nut width as normal Euro and US models, unlike the Doug Wimbish model which has a 1.5'' nut) and unlimited oomph thanks to the Tonepump preamp. Moreover, it has solid maple wings and not the Euro typical alder/walnut/maple or poplar burl sandwich. Finally, the price is super fair, considering it seems to be in mint condition, only a few months old and a new one costs £2.1k. For the £400 you save, you can get yourself the HAzlab 9V preamp and some oval crowns fretboard stickers to turn it into an NS-2 😎 

GLWTS 👍

Ach cheers man, the fivers in the post 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Damonjames said:

Mate. So gutted you have to get rid of this... this one looks stunning!!

I have bought two basses off Dov and have found his listings to be 100% accurate, his basses extremely well cared for, and he is a downright gentleman to deal with...buy with confidence!!

Your fivers in the post aswell 🙂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it..... GLWTS!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Nice , I have very similar health issues , I purchased one of the Euro LT basses as they are very light, and the body shape is perfect , I had to sell my Fender Ultra Jazz as it was too painful to play, so far so good with the Spector ,  hoping I can keep this one , your bass looks fantastic, all the best with the sale. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers bud, still got my Jazz touch wood. It's getting shod with low tension flats hopefully works out ok.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/04/2021 at 15:26, Dov65 said:

Well due to continuous issues with arthritis robbing me in my ability to play and walk around as per normal now 😡

Ah, the sad wings of destiny.

('scuse the graveyard humour...)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bank account wants to say "thank you" for keeping it off limits for me by UK sale only 🙂

Stellar bass and the best Spector color 🙂 GLWTS!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The white Hill's been restocked at BassDirect with a price drop of £100 so all things being equal i'll deduct the same £1600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well i've thought long and hard about this sale today & come to the conclusion that I can't do it so its getting withdrawn, thanks for the feedback folks and those who showed an interest, 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...