Why become a member? ×

Bargain TC Electronics RH750 + K410 cab (New)

Machines

Hey all. I’ve seen this deal is available again. I’m looking to upgrade from my tiny practice amp to something I can jam with. 
I think I’ve convinced myself that I want this one because it seems like a great bit of equipment for the price  

That cab though.... is it going to be way too big & loud for jamming with a guitarist? I’m not sure what I can get to pair with the head that won’t cost a lot more than the package. It’s almost too good a price to pass up but I’m not sure if I’ll end up with one amp that’s too small to practice with someone else and one that’s too big! 

4 minutes ago, Harps said:

Hey all. I’ve seen this deal is available again. I’m looking to upgrade from my tiny practice amp to something I can jam with. 
I think I’ve convinced myself that I want this one because it seems like a great bit of equipment for the price  

That cab though.... is it going to be way too big & loud for jamming with a guitarist? I’m not sure what I can get to pair with the head that won’t cost a lot more than the package. It’s almost too good a price to pass up but I’m not sure if I’ll end up with one amp that’s too small to practice with someone else and one that’s too big! 

If it's got a volume control then there is no such thing as too big.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Well, some amps seem to respond better at high volumes than low, and vice versa. My EICH was probably better at low volumes than the TC cab.

3 hours ago, fretmeister said:

This is a fair point! Though as Machines says, I did wonder if it was decent at low levels. 

plus transporting the thing. I’ve only got a little 3 door Astra

7 hours ago, Harps said:

This is a fair point! Though as Machines says, I did wonder if it was decent at low levels. 

plus transporting the thing. I’ve only got a little 3 door Astra

I got the bundle about a week ago after my band got back together after along hiatus. I literally had nothing but a bass at home and I noticed this deal the day after we agreed to reform..it was a no brainer I thought. 

The cab is a bit bigger than I need but I thought it was such a good deal that I'll give it a go. I play in a relatively heavy band and used to use a k212 which was ideal, so I expect to get on well with the 410. (Haven't tried it with the band yet). 

It's 29kg so not silly heavy for a 4x10. If you can put the back seats down it should be ok I would have thought. 

I've played at fairly low levels and it sounds ..ok..you don't get the best out of it obviously, but it will work. We do some acoustic stuff too and I'm probably going to use a combo for those occasions, though I am toying with getting another smaller cab and still using this head.

For practising, it is easily the best amp I've played for headphone use. It sounds great through headphones. 

I thought that if I find the cab too cumbersome, I'll just sell it and buy something used and smaller. 

11 minutes ago, Horrorhiker said:

The cab is a bit bigger than I need but I thought it was such a good deal that I'll give it a go. I play in a relatively heavy band and used to use a k212 which was ideal, so I expect to get on well with the 410. (Haven't tried it with the band yet). 

It's 29kg so not silly heavy for a 4x10. If you can put the back seats down it should be ok I would have thought. 

I thought that if I find the cab too cumbersome, I'll just sell it and buy something used and smaller. 

Same, I never struggled with my 112 but I wanted a matching setup. Great thing about the RS212 is you can just slide it upright onto the back seat and buckle it in.

16 hours ago, Horrorhiker said:

I got the bundle about a week ago after my band got back together after along hiatus. I literally had nothing but a bass at home and I noticed this deal the day after we agreed to reform..it was a no brainer I thought. 

I've played at fairly low levels and it sounds ..ok..you don't get the best out of it obviously, but it will work. We do some acoustic stuff too and I'm probably going to use a combo for those occasions, though I am toying with getting another smaller cab and still using this head.

For practising, it is easily the best amp I've played for headphone use. It sounds great through headphones. 

That’s great, thanks. I’ve gone for it, it should be here Saturday!

• Like 1

And it arrived! 

connected it up, switched it on with the dial set to about 3.....

Pictures on the wall rattled, the floor vibrated and the cat ran away. Fantastic!

Unfortunately I’ve been told not to play it that loud again  

in all seriousness, this is pretty amazing (though I don’t have much to compare it to). Playing through headphones sounds amazing. I need a few hours to play with the settings now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1