Why become a member? ×

Bargain TC Electronics RH750 + K410 cab (New)

Machines

8 hours ago, BassAdder27 said:

I was tempted but purchased the ABM 600 that was for sale on here 

So my RM800 will become my second amp and I plan to gig the ABM 600

You won’t be sorry, whilst the RMs are excellent amps the ABM600 just have that little bit more. It’s in the mix where it really shines, just feels “bigger” and with more depth to it, especially if on big stages.

18 hours ago, ern500evo said:

Blimey that’s cheap! Weren’t they around the £7-800 mark?? 

Yeah, not sure why they're SO low though, it's below cost price. Even still, they took a few days to shift about 7 (one left currently !)

I've only had low volume try outs with it so far, but it's definitely a big improvement on my Genz Benz tonally. I'm considering replacing my EICH XS112 also, as whilst it's a cracking cab, it's so tiny I have to crouch down to adjust amp settings everytime 🤣.

8 hours ago, Machines said:

Yeah, not sure why they're SO low though, it's below cost price. Even still, they took a few days to shift about 7 (one left currently !)

I've only had low volume try outs with it so far, but it's definitely a big improvement on my Genz Benz tonally. I'm considering replacing my EICH XS112 also, as whilst it's a cracking cab, it's so tiny I have to crouch down to adjust amp settings everytime 🤣.

I had a RH750 for a while, the feature set on them is great. At £349 brand new, they’re an absolute steal 

• Like 1

If only they didn't flash out EVERY wrong and occasional right note you ever play during the course of a 2 hour, I'd be reaching for my wallet 😁

Feature set does otherwise look great, particularly being able to store several of your favourite EQ settings.

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

If only they didn't flash out EVERY wrong and occasional right note you ever play during the course of a 2 hour, I'd be reaching for my wallet 😁

Feature set does otherwise look great, particularly being able to store several of your favourite EQ settings.

Why would you worry about the notes being displayed on the front. 1. You have your back to it. 2. It helps on dark stages. 3. No one else can see it! Honestly it’s a bargain. I loved my RH750... for £349 you’d have some change for some black insulation tape to cover the screen. 😂

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Why would you worry about the notes being displayed on the front. 1. You have your back to it. 2. It helps on dark stages. 3. No one else can see it! Honestly it’s a bargain. I loved my RH750... for £349 you’d have some change for some black insulation tape to cover the screen. 😂

Actually, being able to see the fretboard on a darkened stage and not starting Bon Jovi in the wrong key is probably a good idea...although the look on the guitarist's face was priceless 😁

• Haha 2

Got me thinking that as we're seeing end-of-line prices for these RH750 amps, which came out pretty much exactly 10 years ago, and with the exceptional value for money BG 250 series also recently stopped being produced, what's next for TC amps? 

A mini Plethora X5 preamp with multifx toneprint capability bolted onto a 750W power amp, with presets, and a wireless footswitch? 

You can - the four EQ bands are all parametric, and it's properly flat up to at least 20kHz when everything's zeroed. I bought an RH750 second-hand a few years ago, and I've used it for all sorts of things, both as an amp and as a preamp into PA or for recording. The EQ and tuner work well on acoustic guitar and mandola as well as bass, and you can set it up with presets for different instruments if you're switching between them.

In addition to the treble shelving, the "Tweetertone" control is a gentler treble rolloff (about 12dB/octave above 2kHz).

On 22/04/2021 at 20:08, Al Krow said:

Got me thinking that as we're seeing end-of-line prices for these RH750 amps, which came out pretty much exactly 10 years ago, and with the exceptional value for money BG 250 series also recently stopped being produced, what's next for TC amps? 

A mini Plethora X5 preamp with multifx toneprint capability bolted onto a 750W power amp, with presets, and a wireless footswitch? 

Looks like NUX have beaten them to it, although not in anything gig-able...yet.

NUX Mighty Bass 50BT - Amps and Cabs - Basschat

On 02/05/2021 at 03:57, SamPlaysBass said:

I’ve been running an RH450 for years and never found myself needing any more power. However, 750 is a bigger number than 450 and this is very important. 

*Adds to cart*

😉

Only if it equates to more power output. 236W is only going to get you so far despite the algorithms used to process the signal.

25 minutes ago, BassmanPaul said:

Only if it equates to more power output. 236W is only going to get you so far despite the algorithms used to process the signal.

Depends if your priority is using more electricity or having a loud amp.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this all over the place, but I'm one of those that bought the bundle.

I got them today and my only issue is that the fan didn't come on. Can someone who has one let me know if this is normal or not please? I've read a couple of posts online saying the fan should be always on, so I'm a little concerned mine has a fault. (hopefully it's just that it'll kick in with use, but it'd be great to put my mind at rest). 

Aside from that, the amp sounds great to me, with the limited time I've had with it. I've had a couple of K series cabs before and have always really liked them. My old band agreed to get back together on Tuesday and I saw this deal the day after. That never happens. Now I just need to make friends with a chiropractor. 

Edit: No fan on start is normal apparently. Good news. 

Edited by Horrorhiker
  • Like 1