Why become a member? ×

NBD - May the Forte be with you - Part III

Eldon Tyrell

Yesterday, I got my third Spector Forte. After #168 (Vintage Tint Ash) and #194 (Trans Satin Black), now #198 (Gloss Black). It comes with EMG PJ pickups and the Haz 9V preamp. It pretty much is a no-frills NS-2. Only differences: no inlays and alder instead of maple wings. Great looks and sounds for the early AIC and Queensrÿche vibes 😎

1557233852_SpectorForte4GlossBlack.thumb.jpg.8f88cfd2edc6b8851a4dbe6e127cfece.jpg 1178564731_SpectorForte4GlossBlack_HeadstockBack.thumb.jpg.de0b6a04e2addc7a3a989dc4c495ce53.jpg747067475_SpectorForte4GlossBlack_HeadstockFront.thumb.jpg.8244b7816d46c2d702244c3aad8be6b6.jpg

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Paulhauser said:

Congratulations! Looks the business 🙂

Btw do you still have the other two? 

Cheers. Yes, still have the other two too.  5 Spector basses in total at the moment: 3 Fortes and 2 Euro basses (Mike Starr LE and 1977 LE). I think I will stop buying any more and instead start saving money for a NS-2 with a finish like this one:

235329881_SpectorNS-2AlesInferno.thumb.jpg.cb16e98c1aece7f0fe0c3faeda8c1d6f.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Cheers. Yes, still have the other two too.  5 Spector basses in total at the moment: 3 Fortes and 2 Euro basses (Mike Starr LE and 1977 LE). I think I will stop buying any more and instead start saving money for a NS-2 with a finish like this one:

235329881_SpectorNS-2AlesInferno.thumb.jpg.cb16e98c1aece7f0fe0c3faeda8c1d6f.jpg

Nahhh, you can still have more, no need to stop. 

As for this pic, I have to say Spector really upped their game with coloured finishes since the Korg takeover. I mean it's not like they didn't have nice basses in the Stuart / PJ years, more to the contrary, but most of those gems relied on the natural beauty of the woods used and to be honest they did not seem to need any color finishes. Of course there were always those with the bahama blue, amber or such colors but it's good to have variety and extra color schemes which they offer now. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 17/04/2021 at 19:53, TheGreek said:

Should never have sold my NS2000....

Probably have that on my headstone when I die.

@TheGreek an NS2000 has come up locally.

€700, deal or no deal? It looks nice and better than a legend.

Black, neck thru, gold hardware, emg hz and tonepump Jr, looks decent. This would be my first spector so treading lightly :)

Edited by horrorshowbass

16 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Black, neck thru, gold hardware, emg hz and tonepump Jr, looks decent. This would be my first spector so treading lightly :)

That's expensive IMHO. I thought they were usually about £400/500?

41 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

That's too high on value.

Assuming it's stock then if it has a Tonepump Jnr it won't be an NS2000.

The NS2000s came with an EMG preamp or a K Haz.

Sounds like this one is one of the newer NT legends.

44 minutes ago, horrorshowbass said:

Hes just withdrawn it, had this and an Adam Clayton Warwick up and said he was only selling one. Yeah though €600 would be more like it alright. 

https://touch.adverts.ie/electric-basses/spector-bass/23762779

That's an NS2000 - nice bass, shouldn't be a Tonepump Jnr in there - can't see where the comment is that its a Tonepump Jnr is on the ad actually.