Why become a member? ×

NBBBD!

Cosmo Valdemar

The extra B stands for birthday!

On Tuesday I turned 40. I now find myself wondering where my pills are and despairing about the music my children listen to.

But I digress.

A couple of months ago, my long-suffering wife told me she wanted to buy me a bass for my birthday, and was there anything in particular I wanted. I initially tried to put her off as this wasn't going to be cheap, but she insisted! 

After some thought I narrowed it down to a bass I'd never owned but always wanted ever since playing a friend's on tour many many years ago. As luck would have it there was one for sale on here just at the right time, courtesy of @vincbt

It's been living in a cupboard for the past fortnight but here it is!

20210416_114242.jpg

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Looks great, never played one but when I’ve heard them they sound really nice

VERY different to my usual basses - and yours too, I imagine. It's got a very tight, modern tone, very growly, but very different from an old Precision for example. The body is dinky but very dense and relatively heavy.

I always remember playing my friend's and thinking it felt like a tree, and it still does - very natural feeling, almost unfinished wood.

Luckily for me, they love overdrive!

I’m glad it ended up in your hands, I’m sure you’ll take good care of it and I hope it serves you well. Having moved to his NT 5 strings sibling I am now realising how light and balanced it was!

Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

On 16/04/2021 at 22:02, Cosmo Valdemar said:

VERY different to my usual basses - and yours too, I imagine. It's got a very tight, modern tone, very growly, but very different from an old Precision for example. The body is dinky but very dense and relatively heavy.

I always remember playing my friend's and thinking it felt like a tree, and it still does - very natural feeling, almost unfinished wood.

Luckily for me, they love overdrive!

Didn't Warwick's tag line used to be "the sound of wood " ?

• Like 1