Here you will find a complete sound test of the Fender Precision American Performer for those who want to hear all the nuances of the passive American Precision PJ .. I hope it will be useful especially to those who were considering the purchase of this bass! ūüėČ
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Marc S
      This one is really going to hurt - But The "cull" must continue, sadly - I need to reduce the amount of "stuff" I own, and thin my collection (although this need has lessened a little lately).

For sale only is my Limelight medium relic Precision, in faded Fiesta Red. This really is a superbly built bass, as anyone who knows Mark's work really is.
      NOTE: This bass has a Jazz width neck (which is what I asked Mark for)

I don't know what pickups Mark uses in his Limelight range - but they sound superb.... the bass has a lovely warm vintage tone. It weighs around 4kg, according to my digital scales. Currently strung with Round wounds, which are in great shape (I put flats on it for a while, but have recently put the supplied round-wounds back on it).

I don't have a case or spare gigbag, so you will need to bring your own. Collection only - or we can meet somewhere mutually convenient -  I have an excellent Bose Battery powered amp, or Vox Amp Headphones for you to listen to the bass. 

• By Marky Screen
      Putting up my 5 string for the chop and sticking with the 4s for now.
      Amazing workhorse 5. Just really easy to play with a great range of passive tones that slots into all styles well.
      It's got a bit of light gig wear to it but otherwise great condition.
      Seemingly unavoidable PA speaker is too close to me small chips and scuff to the top of the headstock.
      Some light swirling to the finish but no serious wear or anything through the finish.
      Weight is 4.4kg on my kitchen scales.
      I can post at buyers risk in worn but functional CNB gig bag and boxed for £25.

• By bootleg
      Up for sale (no trades please) is my 2016 American Vintage '63 Precision in faded sonic blue with rosewood fingerboard. In immaculate condition, only played indoors, never gigged or rehearsed. There's some minor checking on the heal and upper horn, but in a very fetching and tasteful way (flash coat acquer). Been after one of these for ever, but despite many attempts, it just hasn't grabbed me. I have enough Precisions, got a new kitchen on the way, and I'd like someone else to give it the love it deserves. Of course, these are discontinued, and they are extremely well made recreations of the 1963 era P bass. Many details elsewhere on line, but key specs from my perspective:
      alder body flash coat lacquer (minor checking which I've tried to show) maple C shaped neck (some nice figuring on the neck) round-laminated rosewood fingerboard, 7.25" radius 1.74" nut width bone nut American Vintage '63 Precision Bass Split Single-Coil 20 vintage style frets (well dressed, 20th fret has some slap wear from the shop not from me) Vintage reverse tuners 3-ply mint green pickguard chrome pickup and bridge covers, lower finger rest, clay-coloured dot inlays, auxiliary strap button on headstock American Vintage Bass bridge with Threaded Steel "Barrel" Saddles Vintage blonde case with red interior Case candy (Fender flats on the bass, the rounds got used) 4.03kg/8.9llbs on my fish scales Happy to ship at buyers expense in Great Britain.
      Very difficult to capture the subtlety of the faded sonic blue on camera.

• By nationofzeros
      For sale ; an elegant and classy Adam Clayton signature Fender Jazz Bass, in unmarked condition and barely played :- condition 'mint'
      Sherwood Green Metallic gloss urethane finished alder body, with matching headstock Maple neck with custom "C" profile and vintage style heel truss-rod adjustment 9.5"-radius rosewood fingerboard with 20 medium jumbo frets and white pearloid block inlays,¬†satin urethane finish on back of neck¬† Dual Fender Custom Shop '60s single-coil Jazz Bass pickups Vintage-style black plastic Jazz Bass control knobs Vintage-style HiMass‚ĄĘ string-through-body/top-load bridge Fender¬ģ/Hipshot¬ģ Vintage-Style "Lollipop" tuners As the specification shows, everything about the design selections on this bass oozes sophistication, refinement and playability. Additionally, it has all the myriad classic J-Bass tones nailed, and with its super - thick urethane gloss clearcoat, chrome hardware and pearloid scratchplate, it looks stunning in the flesh!

Bass comes complete with non OEM tweed hard case

√ó
√ó