Why become a member? ×

The heretic thread approved by Roger Sadowsky or For those who pretend tone doesn't come from wood...

Hellzero

3 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

I sometimes use multiple commas just to fit in with other people who use multiple commas.

I guess that makes me a comma comma comma comma comma chameleon.

:lol:.

Get in the corner and think about what you've done... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

I sometimes use multiple commas just to fit in with other people who use multiple commas.

I guess that makes me a comma comma comma comma comma chameleon.

:lol:.

commas you please , i used to have nice handwriting tho ;) I dunno guys ,, it puts you off topic just to be pulled over a typewriter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Un racine commun avec phlegmatique, non..?

Sur l'web, pour flegme, phlegme ...

B.− Au fig., cour., au sing. Caractère d'une personne calme et imperturbable, qui garde son sang-froid en toutes circonstances. Flegme imperturbable; ne pas se départir de son flegme; sortir de son flegme. C'est un homme qui a un grand flegme, qui est d'un grand flegme (Ac.1798-1932).Un ton de voix dont le flegme affecté cachoit la plus violente colère (Balzac, Annette,t. 2, 1824, p. 38).Impassibilité, qui peut aller de la douceur et de la maîtrise de soi à la froideur et au flegme (Mounier, Traité caract.,1946, p. 240).V. chiffre ex. 7 :
2. Il faut aussi convenir que dans la physionomie anglaise il y a un sang-froid, un flegme, qui est le caractère de la nation entière, et qu'on ne saurait rencontrer chez nous... Musset dsLe Temps,1831, p. 36.

Edit : Oui, 'flemme' vient de la même racine, mais usage fait pencher plus vers 'laziness', qui sera plus à propos. Mille excuses, mea culpa.

Bloody knew it! 😠

Yek, yek, I'm back...

Phlegme is a thick aqueous solution in the lung or in the nose that can become an expectoration.

Flegme strangely derived from it to perfectly described the perceived British temperament.

Flemme then again derived from it to designed laziness.

I hope nobody is going to start shortcuts...

3 hours ago, Dood said:

TL/DR. haven't watched the whole video, but has anyone mentioned that the method of recording the audio was never ever going to reveal the tonal differences clearly between the instruments, I can hear just a huge amount of room modes interfering with the captured sound. 

That said, I rather like the look of these basses and if nothing else will let my curiosity find some more videos of them elsewhere. So, job well done in that respect. :) 

If you hear room modes when they switch basses, then it can only be linked to the tone of the wood. 🤣

59 minutes ago, Dad3353 said:

J'aime mieux 'Qui Sera Roi..?', mais tous les goûts sont dans la nature. ;)

First @ped mentioned cake, but what do you guys think you're doing mentioning Jam Roly Poly

25 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Oh no...Big Rog is at it...

3CC51DEC-C4EC-4BE3-A42F-DD355AAFB279.jpeg

Thankfully at least he's one person who's hearing is capable of hearing the difference between different types of wood - however I started a thread on this once before - does the type of rug ,,in use,, (on the floor) make a difference and which is best for (,,rock,,) 😀👍

• Hellzero changed the title to The heretic thread approved by Roger Sadowsky or For those who pretend tone doesn't come from wood...